Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Melzer has a 2-0 head to head on Falla but Melzer recently got fucked off early doors by useless Evans whilst Falla went all the way to the final before losing on tiebreakers to Federer.
Despite this there is 2.25 on Falla and 1.57 on Melzer.
Is this a gift?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Melzer is the better grass player.

I don't see the gift here.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok yeah!

Now Melzer just got smashed ON GRASS by Evans who in turn got smashed today by Kamke while Falla went to a Grass court final!

Im sorry my friend but you got to say more than Melzer is better on Grass to sell it to me!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Talking about missing something here...

Pironkova @2.10 :confused:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whatabout her?Generally speaking I try avoid the Womens, betting on it is the same as betting on a clown running across a minefield!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Whatabout her?Generally speaking I try avoid the Womens, betting on it is the same as betting on a clown running across a minefield!
Well i don't understand why she's an underdog here. Grass is by far Pironkova's best surface even though she's far from her best shape

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok yeah!

Now Melzer just got smashed ON GRASS by Evans who in turn got smashed today by Kamke while Falla went to a Grass court final!

Im sorry my friend but you got to say more than Melzer is better on Grass to sell it to me!
You are certainly missing something bro. Your approach to the game is somwhat lopsided with no offence intended. Games are always more than a mathematical solution. That should be your default approach. The fact A beats B and B beats C is no guarantee to conclude that A will certainly beat C. So many more factors to consider more than trying to smartly reach a mathematical conclusion. You even have to try and figure out the mentality of each player to even see if they are even interested in playing at all. you cannot determine for certain if all the players played to the best of their ability during the smashes. With a grand slam coming up, players use these tournaments to prepare in different ways. Some just warming up with no intention of winning etc. Is there any reason why Falla will want to run hard a second week before a slam? If the bookies saw your analogy and still made melzer fav, then there is a reason. No bet or Melzer. I think Melzer because it just feels right just like wozniacki early today. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Glad some of you noticed Pironkova too, I was very surprised she wasn't favourite. She is by far the superior grass player, she is coming off an awful clay campaign, but then again she does every single year so I see no problem there. And before that she was very impressive and consistent on the hard courts while Watson has been great on the ITF circuit but keeps falling as soon as she comes up against WTA-level opponents.

I'll be taking the 2.2 for sure.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I made my prediction, explained my theorie and I was wrong, happens to everyone around here at some point.

I still think ERV is a good thing later though and the price has shortened in my bookie.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
odds for ERV are rising, am I missing something here? I think this match should be on ERV's racquet.

·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts
odds for ERV are rising, am I missing something here? I think this match should be on ERV's racquet.
Do you have any news on Nieminen's injury sustained last week? His blog suggests he is in good spirits

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Pironkova loses in 3, could have easily won it in 2. I was praying she'd retire going into the third and she was playing like she might as well have. Looking around the results today I don't think there were too many winners I'd have fancied betting on too much.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Falla fucked me for a double with Belgium but I had another Double with ERV and Belgium so was covered up to that point. Last double was Belgium and Brazil so not impressed right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts