1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously we know the main types of players are:

1. Serve-volleyer.
2. Agressive baseliner.
3. Defensive baseliner, aka counter-puncher.

Which layers don't fall strictly into any category. I would say off the top of my head Andre Agassi, Fabrice Santoro, Rafael Nadal, Martina Hingis, Kim Clijsters and Jennifer Capriati.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
You'll also need to include all-court player.

I'd place Tommy Haas and Daniela Hantuchova under that category.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Obviously we know the main types of players are:

1. Serve-volleyer.
2. Agressive baseliner.
3. Defensive baseliner, aka counter-puncher.

Which layers don't fall strictly into any category. I would say off the top of my head Andre Agassi, Fabrice Santoro, Rafael Nadal, Martina Hingis, Kim Clijsters and Jennifer Capriati.
In my opinion, Agassi is the very definition of agressive baseliner.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Agassi is the epitome of aggressive baseliner.

But the OP is a clown, has a history of clown threads.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Personally I would include a group of tactical players. But those are rare today now.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Yes. Federer, Haas and maybe Pioline fit well there

Haas on clay, you got to be joking :eek:, the guy lost against Danai Udomchoke at home soil; he is a great hard court player, but on clay he is woth shit,and on grass he has also no great results.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
Haas on clay, you got to be joking :eek:, the guy lost against Danai Udomchoke at home soil; he is a great hard court player, but on clay he is woth shit,and on grass he has also no great results.
all court player is different from all-surfaces player
the former has to do with style the later with adapting to a certain surface or not

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
An all-court player is the one who mixes up baseline agression with advancing to the net on certain occasions, and has good shotmaking skills, not the one who is a great claycourter

EDIT: wow, looks like scarecrows beat me to it, but as I see he writes the same thing

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here all court is used to mean a player who plays all over the court i.e. comes to net and stays at baseline, not someone who can play on all surfaces.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
Ancic has the elements to be an all court player

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
definitely, but he doesn't come to the net as ofted as he used to
yes, that's why i said he has the elements and not that he is one
since his comeback he's becoming a bit passive and this sucks :(

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've seen plenty of matches where Andre has counter-punched, and plenty where he has been the one dictating. :wavey:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts