Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorow it can be 10-12 000+ new cases I predict...

May be Rolland Gaross must be cancel or reshedule?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
About situation in Russia. In Sankt-Peterburgh death's rate from SARS-2 is almost 7%. Although there good medicine - really strange...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
surprised audiences are still being considered at this point

·
Registered
587 Posts
Cancelled? Lol, not happening.

They may have to reconsider having fans, though. But supposedly, the players won't be having any interaction with fans during the event. It could be worse.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
People need to stop with this crap. They postponed and no way in hell they are canceling a week before.
Thing is we know much more about covid-19 and nothing is going to change.
So if canceling RG the number will drop? Thats nuts.
I know why so many want RG canceled. But its not going to happen. The only thing that can change is not including fans. Thats the only thing that can change.

Reactions: eljefe and sav001

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Pretty soon the French government will have to lock down Paris, and Roland-Garros will be an afterthought.

The only question is whether this happens before or after the tournament begins.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cases are many, death are few. What does this tell you?

30 million cases, 1 million deaths. Plus many more excess deaths due to overloading of medical resources. Tells me only a complete idiot (or in the US a Trumpnut) would not be concerned.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
"Cases" are a useless, bullshit metric, only good for scaring the sheep into compliance.

Never in the history of medicine a case has been defined as the sole result of a test. Very much so if the test is laughable, like in this case.
I think it has happened with HIV. ;)

But given that HIV is a persistent infection that is not curable, inevitably causes AIDS at some point which is then 100 % lethal, I think this is more of a confirmation of your point than everything else. Here it's obviously pretty bullshit to count healthy i.e. asymptomatic people as cases, that's why China for instance has never done this in the first place (no symptoms = no case there).

Reactions: slamjunky

·
Registered
5,140 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think it has happened with HIV. ;)

But given that HIV is a persistent infection that is not curable, inevitably causes AIDS at some point which is then 100 % lethal, I think this is more of a confirmation of your point than everything else. Here it's obviously pretty bullshit to count healthy i.e. asymptomatic people as cases, that's why China for instance has never done this in the first place (no symptoms = no case there).
Then how come asymptomatic people they can transmit the disease? Also, we know that people can spread the virus several days before the onset of symptoms.

It's obvious that many people have natural immunity, but they still have the virus, just not the disease.

·
Registered
17,536 Posts

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
"Cases" are a useless, bullshit metric, only good for scaring the sheep into compliance.

Never in the history of medicine a case has been defined as the sole result of a test. Very much so if the test is laughable, like in this case.
This makes zero sense. Number of cases indicates how widespread the virus is.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts