Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almagro:"All the spanish players are really good people and we are like a family"

Who are your best friends in the locker room and what do you get up to with them as you travel the world?
All the Spanish players are really good people and we are like a family. Right now I spend a lot of time with Fabio Fognini [of Italy]. He is a really good person. You can smile a lot when you spend time with him. We are playing some doubles together and it is fantastic to play with him.

What is your worst match?
The final of the Davis Cup in 2012 against the Czech Republic. I was playing the last and deciding match of the tie against Radek Stepanek [Almagro lost in four sets] and it was tough as everyone was not saying good words about me and the team after.

interview: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3037427/NICOLAS-ALMAGRO-Taking-Gustavo-Kuerten-Roland-Garros-favourite-match-Roger-Federer-greatest-time.html

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Re: Almagro:"All the spanish players are really good people and we are like a family"

good one :bowdown: :)

·
Registered
59,941 Posts
Re: Almagro:"All the spanish players are really good people and we are like a family"

Must be a good friend to subject yourself to a doubles partnership with the worst volleyer on tour.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

Awww, Nico. :)

And yeah, he and Fabio are really cute together.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Fognini might have one of the worst on-court attitudes on tour, but the guy seems to be really well-liked off-court.

·
Your visions will happen
50,103 Posts

"I spend a lot of time with Fabio Fognini"

Fognini I guess is adopted Spanish now, all the Spanishes love him

That Southern Europe/Mediterranean connection

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,651 Posts

The final of the Davis Cup in 2012 against the Czech Republic. I was playing the last and deciding match of the tie against Radek Stepanek [Almagro lost in four sets] and it was tough as everyone was not saying good words about me and the team after.

interview: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3037427/NICOLAS-ALMAGRO-Taking-Gustavo-Kuerten-Roland-Garros-favourite-match-Roger-Federer-greatest-time.html
Yeah he looked really dejected after that one. Not nice when that sort of things happen, you try your best and sometimes, it's your day, sometimes it's not. :hug:

This event reminds me of that but the fans did not heckle but consoled the team member who made a huge mistake in the defense:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts

Oh, really nice Stuttgart fans. :yeah:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

the tittle sounds like a joke lol, the last thing i would expect reading from Nico is being respectful and kind worded toward anyone at all :lol:

Not the typical friendly guy out there (quoting eye witnesses, not media hype), but i guess everyone has his good and bad periods.

They make an interesting pair with Fognini, they share a lot of common qualities, smth like PHM and Paire would make if they hang out :lol:

·
Registered
59,941 Posts

From Almagro/Garcia-Lopez vs Marrero/M. Lopez

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

the tittle sounds like a joke lol, the last thing i would expect reading from Nico is being respectful and kind worded toward anyone at all :lol:

Not the typical friendly guy out there (quoting eye witnesses, not media hype), but i guess everyone has his good and bad periods.

They make an interesting pair with Fognini, they share a lot of common qualities, smth like PHM and Paire would make if they hang out :lol:
Interestingly, Paire is also a big fan of Fognini's (perhaps predictably).

https://twitter.com/benoitpaire/status/591369524529737729

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

From Almagro/Garcia-Lopez vs Marrero/M. Lopez

Family spat with a brother hanging out in the corner giggling sounds about right for one of my family gatherings, lol.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts

They are like a "family" all right. And we all know who the godfather is.

He has been throwing them some bones recently (Ferrer, Almagro, Lopez, Verdasco) for their years of loyal service, now that Nadal is no longer capable of maintaining a good level for a whole season so nothing is really important apart from RG.

No real surprise that Fognini slots into this arrangement nicely.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

I feel like if I were a Spanish pro player I'd be the English-speaking snob that wouldn't get along with them. Not that I like most of them anyway :lol:

·
Registered
905 Posts

They are like a "family" all right. And we all know who the godfather is.

He has been throwing them some bones recently (Ferrer, Almagro, Lopez, Verdasco) for their years of loyal service, now that Nadal is no longer capable of maintaining a good level for a whole season so nothing is really important apart from RG.

No real surprise that Fognini slots into this arrangement nicely.
:worship:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

:awww:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Nico still don't how his leg was broken after winning the match vs Nadal in Bacelona 2014

1 - 20 of 20 Posts