Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there is a relationship love-hate and that the more you win , the closer you will get to both or either these opposites

But look at this line-up

De Minaur
Schwartzman
Ruud
Dimitrov
Tsitsipas
Zverev

They are great , however no amount of winning would get them some kind of love. Hey , at least they evoke something.

Then we get the insipid players like Norrie, Fritz ,Hurcasz (he will abandon this category IMO to later get appretiated) , Sinner is no Berdych (we have learned this hard way, his loudest supporter isn't even here no more , so after a time we now realize ). Don't get me wrong, these are great too .

It's like evrything is designed , lined up by the universe to screw and haunt the average MTFer 's wildest dreams leaving no chance but to get out of mum's basemant (ok this maybe the positive) to enjoy the day or get a job.

Even bombers like Bash and Karat are getting (EDIT) less love each passing day, if they don't show up because they are not expected to like they used to some months ago . There used to be much greater expectations for these kind of players. Cinderella story may seem gradually fading, going to a path similar to Khachanov (now irrelevant) I'm not saying it cannot go back up . However I do hope for them .

If something is sure , Medvedev is slowly gaining respect and recognition (EDIT) from "serious" fans from all bases , to eventually getting crowned as natural heir to the ATP with a good deal of consensus but most important, respect. Even though not widely liked now, of course, Big 3 shadow , anyone?.

That's my take

What do you think of what we have left standing?

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's like evrything is designed , lined up by the universe to screw and haunt the average MTFer 's wildest dreams leaving no chance but to get out of mum's basemant (ok this maybe the positive) to enjoy the day or get a job.
Spot on.

·
Golddigger
16,538 Posts
Awesome take

Reactions: hammett
487 Posts
De Minaur has no offensive weapons and is useless against top players, Ruud is a worthless cuck, Schwartzman I respect for what he’s done at 4’3. Dimitrov has a nice game and he’s likable by a decent amount of people but he’s a mental mug. Tsetse Fly has a solid game and used to be liked but not anymore due to his cheating. Zverev is controversial and a potential scumbag if he’s guilty but besides that, he is a good shotmaker when confident but pushes when not.

·
Registered
131 Posts
De Minaur has no offensive weapons and is useless against top players, Ruud is a worthless cuck, Schwartzman I respect for what he’s done at 4’3. Dimitrov has a nice game and he’s likable by a decent amount of people but he’s a mental mug. Tsetse Fly has a solid game and used to be liked but not anymore due to his cheating. Zverev is controversial and a potential scumbag if he’s guilty but besides that, he is a good shotmaker when confident but pushes when not.
You always have so much positive on your heart!

·
Your visions will happen
54,044 Posts
I know there is a relationship love-hate and that the more you win , the closer you will get to both or either these opposites

But look at this line-up

De Minaur
Schwartzman
Ruud
Dimitrov
Tsitsipas
Zverev

They are great , however no amount of winning would get them some kind of love. Hey , at least they evoke something.

Then we get the insipid players like Norrie, Fritz ,Hurcasz (he will abandon this category IMO to later get appretiated) , Sinner is no Berdych (we have learned this hard way, his loudest supporter isn't even here no more , so after a time we now realize ). Don't get me wrong, these are great too .

Even bombers like Bash and Karat are getting (EDIT) less love each passing day, if they don't show up because they are not expected to like they used to some months ago . There used to be much greater expectations for these kind of players. Cinderella story may seem gradually fading, going to a path similar to Khachanov (now irrelevant) I'm not saying it cannot go back up . However I do hope for them .

If something is sure , Medvedev is slowly gaining respect and recognition (EDIT) from "serious" fans from all bases , to eventually getting crowned as natural heir to the ATP with a good deal of consensus but most important, respect. Even though not widely liked now, of course, Big 3 shadow , anyone?.

That's my take

What do you think of what we have left standing?
Fun analysis!

Well as I said in another thread, since they have not won anything yet apart from Medvedev, there are no gloryhunting bandwagoners. In a couple years we are sitting here and we have:

Medvedev- 4 slams
Zverev- 2 slams and Gold Medal
Tsitsipas- 3 slams
Thiem- 2 slams
Rublev- 1 slam
Berrettini- 1 slam

Best believe in that scenario we would have a lot more interest and a lot more hardcore fans (tards) of each above player who is now accomplished and legit with slam title

·
Registered
9,782 Posts
YOu're really commenting on the fickle taste of Mtf--not asking how people feel about "what's left standing" and I highly approve of that btw, though I notice that most of the ones who "like" your thread are the perpetrators of fickle taste.
People never recognize themselves.

Who was Sinner's biggest supporter? Just curious.

Hurk is obviously very solid and a likable guy (rare) though borderline servebot but so many are now.
De min: meh
Med? I just now see Dimi beat hi, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Med but really he is not nice athletically to watch. He's mentally nice to watch.
Tsitsi ruined himself for me and many others by speaking out loud and doing various things.
Ruud is gone; Shwartz is admirable but doesn't create any thrills.
AZ: triple meh but useful for getting rid of whoever I want rid of atm. Djok olympics. Murray here. thanks AZ.

Of the remainders I like Hurk best, I guess.
If Dimi can somehow get his shit together again, I approve again.
Norrie is like some kind of protestant hard worker of tennis with zero excitement potential.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YOu're really commenting on the fickle taste of Mtf--not asking how people feel about "what's left standing" and I highly approve of that btw, though I notice that most of the ones who "like" your thread are the perpetrators of fickle taste.
People never recognize themselves.
haha yeah it weirdly got both intentions mixed in one thread (that includes my own fickle taste btw). In itself , a struggle of love - hate; objective - subjective in this new context of post Big 3 to learn new meaning on sth I 've liked the past 25 years. Phyilosophic questioning about where we are , and where it's heading, hidden in somwhere what we are doing here if only inconformity exists. yeah it may be about that , many got that . And wondered if you've got some of the same . geez maybe I'm drunk :LOL:

Who was Sinner's biggest supporter? Just curious.
Big daddy , Budadiii missed around here , lets say .

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fun analysis!

Well as I said in another thread, since they have not won anything yet apart from Medvedev, there are no gloryhunting bandwagoners. In a couple years we are sitting here and we have:

Medvedev- 4 slams
Zverev- 2 slams and Gold Medal
Tsitsipas- 3 slams
Thiem- 2 slams
Rublev- 1 slam
Berrettini- 1 slam

Best believe in that scenario we would have a lot more interest and a lot more hardcore fans (tards) of each above player who is now accomplished and legit with slam title
Good points on target , it's just some part of us has to "die" first , the same way the Big 3 has been responsible for annihilating past faves we had to "mourn" about that we have come to fall for the "enemy" and their records, etc and we'd have to let the 3 go, eventually.

·
Premium Member
29,796 Posts
Hard to get really excited if apart from Zverev all the top players are struggling to various extent.
Hurkacz will have another Masters final at least, as not many players left in his half to cause any upset.
Basilashvili is still there, but may get routed by Tsitsi next. These are all players who are not liked by majority of fans here.

Only Med and Tsitsi, but even their games don't have the "vow" effect now.

Also Sara X, not sure what happened to her for the past 6 months. Could be work, could be losing interest. We almost always never know if said poster won't come back and explain it

·
Registered
9,782 Posts
haha yeah it weirdly got both intentions mixed in one thread (that includes my own fickle taste btw). In itself , a struggle of love - hate; objective - subjective in this new context of post Big 3 to learn new meaning on sth I 've liked the past 25 years. Phyilosophic questioning about where we are , and where it's heading, hidden in somwhere what we are doing here if only inconformity exists. yeah it may be about that , many got that . And wondered if you've got some of the same . geez maybe I'm drunk :LOL:

Well everyone's entitled to fall in and out of love with a player, but the speed at which mtf does it--love turns to hate in a matter of months based on new teenage love (or lowly-ranked late bloomer, like Kar) not winning a Masters or slam immediaitely godammnit! is not just fickle but absurd.
You mean where we are in the tennis landscape at this very moment? Or where I am?
I'm waiting for Rafa to come back and see how he is; waiting for Felix or Shap to break through to the next level or even hold their previous level!! not really falling for anyone else in the meanwhile except maybe Alcarez but he was so bad against Murray; I fell for Musetti on clay but what since from him? And yeah Hubie a bit; I like him personally more than the others, but his tennis doesn't thrill me. He's very solid though.
This is probably the transition period out of Big 3 that everyone was waiting for so long ... now that it's here it's very anti-climatic.
Ahh to be tipsy again on a regular basis.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts