Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one mighty stat :worship: Plus, he beat Roger on his way to his AO 2008 win against Tsonga who was in great form after destroying Nadal. When you look at some GS wins, it is still a slam but the draws have been cakewalk and the final opponents haven't done much themselves. But Novak has beaten Nadal 3 times in a row in GS finals, beaten Murray twice and now beaten Roger. He has also beaten more than one of them in many of his GS slam wins. Just thought it was a great stat for him :)

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALL of Murray, Del Potro and Wawrinka's GS wins came against big 4 members
Del Po and Stanley deserve huge respect for beating the number 1 and 2 players on their way to their slam. Juan destroyed Rafa. Murray gets a bad wrap but he deserves kudos for winning two slams in this era :worship:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Del Po and Stanley deserve huge respect for beating the number 1 and 2 players on their way to their slam. Juan destroyed Rafa. Murray gets a bad wrap but he deserves kudos for winning two slams in this era :worship:
This is just my opinion but I think Andy Murray is the 4th best player ever to play tennis. I just think this era is so advanced that all the top guys from this era are the best players ever. I think if you cloned guys like McEnroe, Becker, Borg and played them today as 25 year olds, they might not even be top players

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
yawn, considering the only players who have made slams finals for the last, like, 6 years, have BEEN the top 4 it's not a noteworthy stat

nice try :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
This is just my opinion but I think Andy Murray is the 4th best player ever to play tennis. I just think this era is so advanced that all the top guys from this era are the best players ever. I think if you cloned guys like McEnroe, Becker, Borg and played them today as 25 year olds, they might not even be top players
It is your opinion and it's wrong.

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is one mighty stat :worship: Plus, he beat Roger on his way to his AO 2008 win against Tsonga who was in great form after destroying Nadal. When you look at some GS wins, it is still a slam but the draws have been cakewalk and the final opponents haven't done much themselves. But Novak has beaten Nadal 3 times in a row in GS finals, beaten Murray twice and now beaten Roger. He has also beaten more than one of them in many of his GS slam wins. Just thought it was a great stat for him :)
Why do you take pride in Nole beating Rafa since he is a fraud to you? Where's the logic??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Christ, Murray isn't even the 4th best player in the world currently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts