Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should the Alexander Zverev have his own fan forum?

• Yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Struff is way more interesting player . If i am German i will support him. i' m still wondering why German tennis does not support him as they do for Zverev. I am not sure how old he is but this guy has a lot of skills.
Struff turns already 27 next april. He has a game and can play very powerfully but he isn't consistent and his footwork and movement are bad. Sometimes he is struggling with his backhand. Furthermore he is mentally weak and should go to the net more often. He lost to Zverev two times in straight sets. Even when Zverev was just 18 years old. Surely it's not a shame but nobody in German Tennis would even compare them. Struff is better than his ranking but he isn't a Top 20 Player.

·
158,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Struff turns already 27 next april. He has a game and can play very powerfully but he isn't consistent and his footwork and movement are bad. Sometimes he is struggling with his backhand. Furthermore he is mentally weak and should go to the net more often. He lost to Zverev two times in straight sets. Even when Zverev was just 18 years old. Nobody in German Tennis would even compare them. Struff is better than his ranking but he isn't a Top 20 Player.
Absolutely agreeing.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Struff turns already 27 next april. He has a game and can play very powerfully but he isn't consistent and his footwork and movement are bad. Sometimes he is struggling with his backhand. Furthermore he is mentally weak and should go to the net more often. He lost to Zverev two times in straight sets. Even when Zverev was just 18 years old. Surely it's not a shame but nobody in German Tennis would even compare them. Struff is better than his ranking but he isn't a Top 20 Player.

Maybe there is something else. Maybe German tennis does not help him as they do for Zverev who is not German at all. It is not true that Struff is not good. Maybe he paid more attention to his education as all other German players. Florian Mayer is in the same situation as Struff. And maybe other German players. Not that i mind or care at all. Well i just watched Struff against Isner in Vienna and must say Struff showed way more game than Zverev did. Plus Isner played much better than he played against Zverev in Shanghai. In fact Zverev got a lot of gifts this year to get to #20. There was very interesting interview in Halle with Federer about Zverev. Esp when they asked Fed why he can not lose to Zverev so that German tennis to have a boom?! But Fed was asked almost the same in Stuttgard for Thiem . Then Fed lost to both of them in SF'. No one of them will get better if players gift them matches. This year is the worst year i have seen for tennis . Anyway you could forget .

·
Registered
838 Posts
Maybe there is something else. Maybe German tennis does not help him as they do for Zverev who is not German at all. It is not true that Struff is not good. Maybe he paid more attention to his education as all other German players. Florian Mayer is in the same situation as Struff. And maybe other German players. Not that i mind or care at all. Well i just watched Struff against Isner in Vienna and must say Struff showed way more game than Zverev did. Plus Isner played much better than he played against Zverev in Shanghai. In fact Zverev got a lot of gifts this year to get to #20. There was very interesting interview in Halle with Federer about Zverev. Esp when they asked Fed why he can not lose to Zverev so that German tennis to have a boom?! But Fed was asked almost the same in Stuttgard for Thiem . Then Fed lost to both of them in SF'. No one of them will get better if players gift them matches. This year is the worst year i have seen for tennis . Anyway you could forget .
You don't even know how old Struff is. You don't even know what a fact is. You have not written anything in terms of Tennis. Zverev is light years better and that's all.

·
158,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok.

·
Rankings Master
15,586 Posts
Sham seems to be busy these days, but since he seems to have popularity on the rise, broken into Top 20 and got to 80 pages in his own thread, why not. Subforum is now live by exception to the request schedule. Let me know if I missed something.

We'll see when we organize a new request spree.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts