Mens Tennis Forums banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I forgot to post the rest of Brisbane, but the real deal was Sydney where Alex won his first title by defeating Seppi 7-5 7-6(5) :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Getting back to this thread in March, I'll write a bit about Alex's performance before IW.

Having claimed his maiden ATP title in Sydney, De Minaur moved to Melbourne, where he defeated P. Souza in straight sets, had a roller-coaster with Laaksonen 64 62 67 46 63 and then was stopped by Nadal in straight sets.

Next he participated in Davis Cup qualies, where he faced M. Basic and won the match in straight sets.

Back to court in the end of February, Alex appeared in Acapulco. In round 1, he defeated Jarry in straight sets. After Lopez's withdrawal in round 2, Demon lost to A. Zverev in straight set.

Alex was seeded in IW, so he started from round two. And finished just right there. The causer is a qualifier M. Giron, who sent Alex to Miami by winning in 3 sets.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Alex doesn't appear to be entered in any tournaments until Barcelona. Anyone know what's up?
Thanks for wondering. I share it.
My research failed from the first question on Miami and now I'm helpless too.
But not finding info on his injury is kind of good news.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
the most talented guy coming up. vamos alex

Reactions: NDee

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Time for a major update: He was defeated in Estoril by Joao Domingues in 3 sets. He was defeated in Madrid by Hurkacz in straight sets. Next he was defeated by Cecchinato in 3 sets in Rome. He defeated Klahn in the 1st Rd of the French Open in straight sets, but was then defeated by Carreno Busta in straight sets. He had a BYE in the 1st Rd of s-Hertogenbosch and defeated Seppi in straight sets in Rd 2, but lost to Thompson in 3 sets in the QFs. He was defeated by Bedene in straight sets at the Fever-Tree Championships. At Wimbledon he defeated Cecchinato in straight sets, but lost to Johnson in 5 sets. In Atlanta he won the Tournament :) In Washington, D.C. he had a 1st Rd BYE, but then lost to Gojowczyk in straight sets. In the Rogers Cup he lost to Evans in straight sets. In Cincinnati he defeated Cecchinato in 3 sets, next defeated Opelka in straight sets, but lost to Nishioka in straight sets. In the USO he defeated Herbert in 4 sets, next defeated Garin in straight sets, and also defeated Nishikori in 4 sets before losing to Dimitrov in straight sets. He is now in Zhuhai where he will play Mannarino in the Final tomorrow.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
into zhuhai final! some highlights of his SF match vs RBA

Reactions: Mae and chilazon

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
3rd title :woohoo:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Time for a major update: He was defeated in Estoril by Joao Domingues in 3 sets. He was defeated in Madrid by Hurkacz in straight sets. Next he was defeated by Cecchinato in 3 sets in Rome. He defeated Klahn in the 1st Rd of the French Open in straight sets, but was then defeated by Carreno Busta in straight sets. He had a BYE in the 1st Rd of s-Hertogenbosch and defeated Seppi in straight sets in Rd 2, but lost to Thompson in 3 sets in the QFs. He was defeated by Bedene in straight sets at the Fever-Tree Championships. At Wimbledon he defeated Cecchinato in straight sets, but lost to Johnson in 5 sets. In Atlanta he won the Tournament :) In Washington, D.C. he had a 1st Rd BYE, but then lost to Gojowczyk in straight sets. In the Rogers Cup he lost to Evans in straight sets. In Cincinnati he defeated Cecchinato in 3 sets, next defeated Opelka in straight sets, but lost to Nishioka in straight sets. In the USO he defeated Herbert in 4 sets, next defeated Garin in straight sets, and also defeated Nishikori in 4 sets before losing to Dimitrov in straight sets. He is now in Zhuhai where he will play Mannarino in the Final tomorrow.
Thanks for picking up all this info!

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
alex was tired :hug:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Update time: He next went to Shanghai where he lost in the 1st Rd to Isner. He next went to Basel where he lost in the Final to Federer. Then he went to Paris where he lost i the 3 Rd to Tsitsipas. He is now in the NexGen Finals where he has so far won every match he has played. He has so far defeated Davidovich Fokina, Kecmanovic, and Ruud.

221 - 237 of 237 Posts