3. McEnroe 72 wins

Others
Agassi 70
Tsonga 70
Nadal 67
Djokovic 65
Murray 63

Federer 51
Roddick vs. Fed is interesting... Which path will Alca take...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Pretty meaningless when you see where Roddick was and where Federer was. Who had the better career?

Reactions: Waz and ivanban

·
Registered
21 Posts
Carl played very many tournaments with very weak draw. It's average indicator but no more really!

Still great of course!
That’s not right, Alcaraz actually plays a very high density of top tier tournaments due to playing a pretty conservative schedule. He’s played 30 tournaments and 16 of them are Grand Slams or masters. In Nadals first 30 tournaments he played 12 GS/Masters.

·
Premium Member
62,619 Posts
Well, even Roddick won a slam and was no 1 for some weeks. Not a bad career I‘d say. Not sure whether Alcaraz would be happy with that, but 99% of professional tennis players certainly would.
Funny, Chang is still the youngest slam winner and he's also a one-slam wonder. It seems a great start doesn't lead to legend status.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, I guess Federer dominated a weak era, while Roddick won his Slam in the strong era of 2003 and reached a final in the strong era of 2009, so it's obvious he's had the better career.
Also:

·
Registered
Nadal
6,237 Posts
Roddick and John McEnroe 1st 100 matches was more impressive compared to Alcaraz they had to face much stronger Competition.

Yet Roddick- McEnroe are only 2-3 wins behind Alcaraz despite much stronger Competition.

Yes Alcaraz did beat Nadal and Djokovic but both players are 15 years older! Than Alcaraz in their mid 30s well past their prime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Roddick and John McEnroe 1st 100 matches was more impressive compared to Alcaraz they had to face much stronger Competition.

Yet Roddick- McEnroe are only 2-3 wins behind Alcaraz despite much stronger Competition.
I don’t have time to search through McEnroe’s match history but I can tell you that comment re:Rodrick is total nonsense. Roddick beat 2 Top 10 players in those first 100 Matches, vs. Alcaraz’s 11. In fact in 2003 when Roddick would make No.1 he had 6 lifetime wins vs. Top 10, which is less than how many Alcaraz has in the last 6 months.

Roddick benefitted greatly from a relatively weak era initially, and he basically didn’t play many matches at 17/18 unlike the other players in this list(except Tsonga who was about 23 for his 100th match!)

·
Registered
Nadal
6,237 Posts
I don’t have time to search through McEnroe’s match history but I can tell you that comment re:Rodrick is total nonsense. Roddick beat 2 Top 10 players in those first 100 Matches, vs. Alcaraz’s 11. In fact in 2003 when Roddick would make No.1 he had 6 lifetime wins vs. Top 10, which is less than how many Alcaraz has in the last 6 months.

Roddick benefitted greatly from a relatively weak era initially, and he basically didn’t play many matches at 17/18 unlike the other players in this list(except Tsonga who was about 23 for his 100th match!)
Alcaraz 11 top ten wins are not Impressive look at the players he beat Ruud on hardcourts 😆. Tsitsipas twice off clay one in Tsitsipas worst part of the season U.S open series!.

Alcaraz gets win over Tsitsipas in Miami there he struggles very badly after AO all seasons of his career so far.

Hurkacz 😆 anyone can beat him playing half decent tennis as he's not Consistent.

Nadal in Madrid who was struggling with his foot up until the treatment before Wimbledon regardless Alcaraz is 16 years younger!.

Djokovic in Madrid well done Alcaraz for beating 35 year Extremely old guy tennis wise, who barely played any tennis all season long.

Zverev was Good win for Alcaraz but it's Not Zverev best surface indoor hardcourts are as we seen with two atp finals titles.

Berrettini wins was good but again grass Is the favourite surface for this player.

Finally Alcaraz beats Sinner in Paris great win most likely he best Because Sinner had no Excuses not to win.

As you can see Breaking it down Alcaraz 11 top wins are not that Impressive.

Regardless titles> top 10 wins.

Not sure about McEnroe wins Against top 10 in specific matches such as 1st 100. however he had to deal with Borg, Jimmy.connors and Nastase. so no doubt he's Competition was Lot harder compared to Alcaraz at same age.

Roddick doesn't have top 10 wins However he has face Sampras, Hewitt Safin and Agassi early in his Career.

Lot more GS winners overall compared to Alcaraz.

Alcaraz is Amazing player however it's for he's titles not he's top 10 wins over Ruud or Hurkacz!.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I don’t have time to search through McEnroe’s match history but I can tell you that comment re:Rodrick is total nonsense. Roddick beat 2 Top 10 players in those first 100 Matches, vs. Alcaraz’s 11.
Yeah bud, but the point is that the Top 10 are a joke now, which is why Deportovic and Injectdal are still vulturing plastic Slams in the Weakest Era.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts