Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember watching as a kid when I didn't know tennis at all this guy for the entire French Open in 1994. I remember he made some exciting inside out forehand drives consistently and that was the reason he made the finals that year, I guess.

Although I don't remember how the rest of his game was, I want to know if he used the same grip as Rafael Nadal for the forehand.

Can somebody tell me?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Berasategui had :retard: grips on forehand and backhand sides. :worship: A guy to remember for sure. Nadal in comparison to A.B. looks like the classical Federer.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
He can beat Nadal on clay.

Of course Nadal can beat Alberto.

Interesting match up.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Berasategui had a grip that would seriously injure most people if they tried it. What a legend.

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Berasategui was one my favourite players when I started following tennis in the 90s. I loved his Hawaiian grip, and it was great that it allowed him to his forehands and backhands with the same side of the racket. His forward really did blaze a trail of destruction at RG in 1994 on his way to the final there. I have his semi-final against Magnus Larrson on DVD, and that was just awesome performance by him.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
the extremest western grip that ever made the top 10 for sure

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
I am not sure why I am doing this, but I will.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've only seen one guy play with a Hawaiian grip. His arm was bent like a horseshoe. I can't even imagine how someone does that!!!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Reactions: Snowwy
1 - 20 of 37 Posts