Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

(runner-up at a futures event in Canada earlier this year)

Okay, I have to admit I don't know much about this young fella apart from that he's one of the better furures players this year, but his serve stats are spectacular to say the least. He had 50 aces against Juska two weeks ago (and still lost the match). How talented is he in other areas? The next Ivanisevic or maybe only the next Guccione?

from his website:

Nom: Olivetti
Prénom: Albano
Date et lieu de naissance : 24/11/1991 à Haguenau
Poids: 104 kg
Taille: 2,02m
Pro depuis 2010
Lieu de résidence: Paris à Roland-Garros
Coach: Laurent Raymond
Rêve en tennis: Gagner un grand-chelem
Tournoi favori: U.S.Open
Surface préféré: Dur/moquette

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
How talented is he in other areas?
I'm wondering because he served amazing but he can lost a future match with more than 30 aces :eek: I don't know if he will progress in the game but I think he is one of the best server on the tour then his stats are on the future level so we can't analyse how it would be on the atp tour with better returners :confused:

He lost to Goffin this week in Rodez the stats of the match http://ww2.ti.fft.fr/Event.asp?CodeEvent=1011191786&NumMatch=2005 Not great

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He won two matches in CH Geneva qualifying this week and beat Petersburg quarterfinalist Lajovic in straights in round 1. If the statsheet is correct, he won 35/35 on first serve in this match. The loss came in round 2 to fellow youngster Berankis.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
One of the better future players? Not quite yet. What I have read, he has an awesome serve, but his other strokes are no better than I have in my arsenal. But he is only 19...

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
according to Lajovic, Olivetti hit a 258km/h-serve in their match last week, but Karlovic's 251 still stand as they don't count challengers

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
An article about Albano "ace" Olivetti. 95% of time he's seaching for the ace. He would be happy to catch the speed record of Karlovic

click on the pic

·
Registered
4,855 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I'm watching him right now and was prepared for the worst, but I actually think he plays pretty well from the back.
Not the best volley and return yet, but he won quite some rallies against Fish.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Is he injured?

He pulled out of Rimouski Challenger. Fisrt tournament after after Marseille (which is almost a month ago)...

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
His team is cautious. He's training again but no risk after the abs tear in Marseille. Le Gosier could be next stop

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
In april he got another tear in the abs less serious than the first but he wasn't able to serve during one week. He's back in futures now and hope to play some challengers.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
In april he got another tear in the abs less serious than the first but he wasn't able to serve during one week. He's back in futures now and hope to play some challengers.
Any chance for a WC into RG or Paris-Bercy?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts