Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
29,206 Posts
Good thing the main draw guys are still out of Paris. Hope they can contain this mess.
Contain Covid-19? Yeah if the RG organizers manage to do that, they should feel free to share their magic solution with the rest of the world. God knows we need it

Reactions: alypen

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Denis Istomin, Ernesto Escobedo, Pedja Krstin and Bernabé Zapata Miralles disappeared from the qualifying list this morning. In Krstin's and Zapata's case it is the coach who has OFFICIALLY tested positive for COVID.
Damir Dzumhur has also disappeared from the list in the last hours (Djokovic's opponent at the US Open First Round).

Many players have also disappeared from the Women's list.
The vacant spots in the Qualifying draw have to be taken by local French players, as foreign tennis players are unable to complete quarantine due to lack of time...

Thoughts?
Should the French Open go ahead?
Not without Denis Istomin.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Whatever it means, "being on the verge of testing positive" is an awfully poor expression and that sort of terminology should not be used if you want to be taken seriously.

However, thinking about it, they must have tried to refer to Džumhur's "traces of virus" (which expression also raises some eyebrows) and then most likely his coach having just undergone a quick antigen test so far, the results of which are not that reliable yet, and more tests still needed in order to confirm whether he's positive or not.

Someone just saying/writing these things in a hurry makes a mess out of them.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Players not pleased with conditions so far at Roland Garros. Quoting an unnamed, but a high-profile player: “We can’t believe this is a tournament, let alone a Grand Slam. Communication is slow, lot of waiting. The maids at hotels are not wearing masks, tables are not cleaned regularly”.

·
Registered
17,620 Posts
RG unilaterally moved the tournament to September, decided to admit a huge number of fans despite the surge (and has now scaled back the number).....

If this turns out to be a dumpster fire, no one should be surprised. RG officials have been reactive instead of proactive so far.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Just cancel the qualifying. They don't contribute anything to the tournament.
I know you are just a Djokotard and we should read your posts accordingly but how about we cancel your account, as you don't seem to contribute anything to the forum.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Not surprised that the tournament being run by Clown Director in Chief, Guy Forget, is already struggling with positive COVID-19 cases while the players complain about how insufficient their safety measures are. It wouldn't be shocking at all if there's an outbreak that forces the event to shut down.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Players not pleased with conditions so far at Roland Garros. Quoting an unnamed, but a high-profile player: “We can’t believe this is a tournament, let alone a Grand Slam. Communication is slow, lot of waiting. The maids at hotels are not wearing masks, tables are not cleaned regularly”.
:eek::eek: oh my god..we will get the pure horror show...

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
This is utterly lamentable... How many cycles of amplification for the PCR testing 30? 40? 50? 100?

Traces of virus, literally.. I bet he is more asymptomatic than your average joe too.
Even worse. He's not even asymptomatic, he has already tested positive for antibodies so the test very likely just picked up fragments of the past infection.

·
justice for all
15,151 Posts
Not really surprised by that. The French have had the poorest organisation between slams for many years now. It took them the longest to build a roof and no lights on courts until this year are only two examples of that.
If they show up now with their usual level of negligence players and this whole RG might be fucked up.

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
If it's so bad then surely Rafa's gonna pull out? That was his excuse for pulling out of the US Open, no? That it wasn't safe enough?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Even worse. He's not even asymptomatic, he has already tested positive for antibodies so the test very likely just picked up fragments of the past infection.

You know... I understand that it's tough to accept that you have to sit out on a GS because you or your coach tested positive while you're feeling totally healthy. BUT all those players suddenly becoming experts in epidimology and PCR tests and thinking they understand more about the matter than the medicial stuff who are doing the tests is becoming a bit laughable at this point.

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
I know you are just a Djokotard and we should read your posts accordingly but how about we cancel your account, as you don't seem to contribute anything to the forum.
Your fave has been cancelled since 40-15 so you should just shut up.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
If I was a player I would just show up alone. Every member of your team you are bringing is doubling your chance of being withdrawn from the tournament. Especially the lower ranked players who really need the prize money. Of course I don't expect the top players to take this approach, being used to giant entourages and depending on them for everything.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts