Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I like Akira and I feel sorry for the guy as he's obviously hurting right now but this is just behaving like a spoiled brat. Maybe he would have felt better if he had donated the rackets to some disadvantaged kids. If he has a racket sponsor, I hope he doesn't get any more free rackets

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
This is not smashing rackets, this is breaking rackets with feet.

Anyway, Baghdatis broke 4 rackets at once, this guy broke 5 rackets at once. A tribute to retiring Baghdatis, I guess. Did anyone break 6 rackets at once in the history of tennis, either on the court in the heat of the moment or off the court, coolly and quietly, like in this case?

g7kS68T6ptA

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

Completely sane compared to this

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Dimitrov only 3, but with style. I kind of believe someone sabotaged his racquets because he broke 5 strings (IIRC) in that match.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Dimitrov only 3, but with style. I kind of believe someone sabotaged his racquets because he broke 5 strings (IIRC) in that match.

I thought that was really sad an insensitive for poor Diego, who was gonna win the match regardless. His big moment winning his first title was stolen from him, you can tell he couldn't really jubilate as he would have wanted to :crying:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I thought that was really sad an insensitive for poor Diego, who was gonna win the match regardless. His big moment winning his first title was stolen from him, you can tell he couldn't really jubilate as he would have wanted to :crying:
Poor Diego certainly had some unnatural circumstances help him win 1st title, even a cat helped him against Delbonis.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I watched him a little bit a couple of years ago when it seemed that he could break into top-100 soon. He's got a lot of tricks and a one-handed backhand, so it was rather interesting. But he got super whiny/tempered on court behavior, it was worse than Troicki or Dzumhur! One of the worst I've ever seen.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,190 Posts
Let's break some racquets so more have to be produced leading to less resources and more pollution and waste. Can't stand people who disregard the sustainability of their own habitat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts