Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baby Zverev was down 2-5 in the third set. So he gave it some fight and kept it competitive. I'm pretty sure Alex's nose was bleeding near the end of the second set making him take a medical timeout :sadface: I wonder if he knew that he would break into the Top 100 if he won today, could've been playing a bit on his mind too. Alex now sits on the #105 ranking on 523 points (100th rank is Vanni on 529 points).
Prince Alex's next tournament is the €42.5K+H Challenger in Heilbronn, Germany :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Good match by both. PHM tried to choke it away in the third, but then Alex helped him out.
Overall I counted
30 UEs and 27 winners by Alex
28 UEs and 23 winners by PHM
Quite solid, really.

Btw, was it just my impression or do these guys not really like each other all that much? They didn't apologize for net-rollers, did they?

As for Alex, the development I see: he's way better at staying in rallies than a couple of months ago. He's way, way calmer than last year, totally in control of his emotions. He's reached a point where he should beat players like PHM consistenly, but he's not just there yet. Overall solid week for him.
Now back to Germany!

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Good Week Sascha, to lose against PHM in France is something that already happend to others. Top 100 next week hopefully!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Next week break yes but problem be that Zverev has more than half of his points (305 namely) racked up in 2 tournaments that come in June.. big drop coming up

·
Registered
839 Posts
Next week break yes but problem be that Zverev has more than half of his points (305 namely) racked up in 2 tournaments that come in June.. big drop coming up
Yes, and the draw for him in Heilbronn is not an easy one. Possibly we won't see him at a Grand Slam Tournament this year.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Depends. He hasn't played many challengers so far this year, trying to prove himself in bigger tournaments. If he's going to play challengers from now on he might gain quite a lot of points in the next couple of weeks.
It's actually quite difficult to find the right mix between developing as a player (= playing bigger tournaments and better opponents) and keeping up with the points (= playing smaller tournaments and worse opponents).
Other sophomore players face the same problem.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
top100 but just barely and even thats to much.he's not top100 level right now
Well, he beat more than a dozen Top 100 players in the last 12 months.
The more interesting question really is why you dislike Zverev so much. He's still so irrelevant, why would you even care about him?
Is this some kind of personal problem? I mean, he doesn't act like a spoiled brat on the court, he's not a pusher, or a servebot, or a ballbasher, he's nothing yet. And judging by your other postings, you don't hate Germans specifically. So what is it? Did he boink your GF? Seriously, what is it? Genuinely interested.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Well, he beat more than a dozen Top 100 players in the last 12 months.
The more interesting question really is why you dislike Zverev so much. He's still so irrelevant, why would you even care about him?
Is this some kind of personal problem? I mean, he doesn't act like a spoiled brat on the court, he's not a pusher, or a servebot, or a ballbasher, he's nothing yet. And judging by your other postings, you don't hate Germans specifically. So what is it? Did he boink your GF? Seriously, what is it? Genuinely interested.
he doesnt act like a spoiled brat,are you kidding?

i dontfindhis game interesting or exciting at all and i find him very over rated and,at the moment over ranked

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
he doesnt act like a spoiled brat,are you kidding?

i dontfindhis game interesting or exciting at all and i find him very over rated and,at the moment over ranked
So it's this spoiled brat thing?
You're judging him by some stuff he did on the court as a 17-year old?
Have you seen him play recently? He's about as calm as one can be. Fantastic development in the mental department.

Anyways, thanks for answering the question. Whenever I read your posts in Zverev threads I was like "Uh, what?". Now I know.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Zverev has real weapons like his service and baselinestrokes but he still plays too defensively and he is positioned too far behind the baseline because with his height can't move well enough. If he plays close to the baseline he could hit the ball earlier and put more pressure on his opponent.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Solid by PHM. Zverev is going to be a top clay courter is a few years. Hope PHM is not too gassed after this to make the final competitive.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
sascha :hug: good week though

·
Registered
11,879 Posts
Disappointing result but another good week for the young German. He should break into the top 100 very soon which for his age is remarkable. :yeah:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts