Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No shame for Zverev in losing to a crafty player on clay. However, that constant swearing in Russian and the bad body language isn't very encouraging ...

Also I don't think it's a good idea to play Challenger qualis only on your way up. No money, no points. No progress in the rankings which I think can be discouraging.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Well i guess he will play Heilbronn, Düsseldorf and Fürth the next weeks. After that the Futures in Germany are starting. Well i hope he will play them to.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I imagine the German Tennis Federation injects a lot of money into him and his family, so he's probably not too concerned about prize money at the moment, just getting some experience.

·
Registered
435 Posts
He just lost because of physical problems. I think that he start fitness training like one month ago because he was still growing before and that takes it's toll now. He might have won it had he converted his break chance at 6-4 0-0

I imagine the German Tennis Federation injects a lot of money into him and his family, so he's probably not too concerned about prize money at the moment, just getting some experience.
I'd rather imagine the DTB spending money for Kohlschreiber as he is a young talent than doing something intelligent with it

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
every time zverev is on a thread on GM he has lost :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts