Mens Tennis Forums banner

In my opinion the age of consent should be..

• <13

Votes: 11 6.3%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 13 7.4%

Votes: 19 10.8%

Votes: 69 39.2%

Votes: 8 4.5%

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • 18>

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your views on your countries laws on the age of consent?

Do you think they should be lower, higher or they're fine just like that?

It's a topic which could get easily into a shitstorm so please to everyone stay calm and share your thoughts in a civil manner without insulting.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Really, what is the point of this? Age of consent is fine at 18.

A better discussion would be, what's the best New Order song and is it Age of Consent?

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
consent to what?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Really, what is the point of this? Age of consent is fine at 18.

A better discussion would be, what's the best New Order song and is it Age of Consent?
Fine but not all of us are Americans in here.

Anyway to answer you, the issue of the age of consent has always interested me, because I find it a controversial issue.

Seems to me that the age of consent is constantly rising, and I always wonder why.

It revolves around the issue of when a child becomes an adult. Or does it? Is sex an adult thing? Or is it all much ado about nothing? If it is, when does a child become an adult? When is a person capable of sexual intercourse, to deal with it mentally and physically?

Nature suggests this age is as soon as a person goes through puberty, with the ability of bearing a child, and if our bodies are capable of this, they must be ready for sex, and according to the laws of reductionism, the mind must also be ready for sex too.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
my local priest said 10 would be just fine

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
What's your views on your countries laws on the age of consent?

Do you think they should be lower, higher or they're fine just like that?

It's a topic which could get easily into a shitstorm so please to everyone stay calm and share your thoughts in a civil manner without insulting.
Age of consent is 12 in your country, if your flag is representative, is that why your asking? No country in Europe has a lower one.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
I didn't know there's an age of consent in Vatican City.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Voted 16, but 15 would be just as fine. It's clear that most young teens make sex between themselves at the age of 15, so not that big difference if a 15 girl makes sex with a 15 boy or a 20 year old guy. If they're old enough to make sex, they should be able to do it with anyone they like, no matter the age.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
15 or 16, yes, and it's also the best New Order song. (first thing I thought when I saw the title haha)

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I mean, age of consent for sex doesn't really mean much. It's the statutory limitations that matter and those are usually two or three years difference. So an 18 year old can have consensual sex with a 16 year old in most situations.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts