Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a baseliner yet everything he does is one of a kind. There is no player that reminds me of Agassi. Agassi was a tennis player in a sea of robots. His construction of points and ingenius variation may never be seen again. Though Tsonga has shown he likes to vary the pace of his shots which is encouraging:)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Ingenious variation? Come on now. He was a great tennis player without a doubt, but ingenious variation that is like saying Volandri is a grasscourt legend and meaning it.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Varied the speed, spin, angle and depth a lot. Plus he took the ball early which took time away from his opponent. Never seen anything like it:)

·
124,506 Posts
Varied the speed, spin, angle and depth a lot. Plus he took the ball early which took time away from his opponent. Never seen anything like it:)
Agassi played his game and tactically he was poor. It's just his level was good enough to win most of the game that he didn't need to use his tactical side.

It didn't work against Mecir, Kucera or Sampras did it.

If he was so unique, then he'd have been a great at the net, but this wasn't the case.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts

·
124,506 Posts
Djokovis this year golden slam :bounce:
Without a doubt.

Federer is just a distant memory now and funny that Federer on his worst surface is much better than Agassi on his, but he isn't unique enough.

·
Registered
24,805 Posts
its a great achievement, but i always prefer pete's 14 slams than agassi's 8 slams :p
And he won all 4 grand slams, and a gold medal. Whos going to duplicate that?:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Karol Kucera was my favorite player when he was around. I remember first seeing him at The Hopman Cup.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Agassi had not too much Variation, angles ,spin , change of peace , volleys,etc except a little at the end of his carrer where he improved his touch and volleys a little and used drop a shot a little but still he was not great in those things, he just had an awesome ball striking, pretty clean,powerful,accurate and consistent plus a great return and was a hell of a competitor.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Agassi was boring as ****

I'll probably get bad repped for that but Fed is a much better player to watch win slams.

Reactions: Action Jackson

·
124,506 Posts

·
124,506 Posts
No!
you may open an alternative forum:

"Haters of Andre Agassi: Andre is much better than our favs" ;)
So Agassi is better than Federer then is he? :)

In other words, wah wah wah my favourite is more successful than your favourite. Therefore I am better.

My dad is tougher than your dad syndrome.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
So if you don't like Agassi, people should be banned from this forum?
huh?dont get started? he mentioned Dre tennis is boring as **** and i mentioned he doesnt know his tennis? dont take it seriously just cos you dont like the man!!Banning was a joke,geez ez dont anyone have any humour these days :confused:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts