Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
If Agassi is so injured ;) how can he lose only 6 games in a final? :confused: I'm getting tired of his act! :mad:

What TC, no one else on the tour has kids? Andrei Pavel plays everywhere. And he has 2 children. It's time for the ATP to start suspending players for continually pulling out tournaments they are commited to. Andre's injuries are obviously bogus. Agassi's behaviour is a disgrace! :fiery: And he hurts the tournamnets he pulls out of, because he sells more tickets than anyone else! :eek: Maybe the ATP will wake up and do something about an embarrassing situation.

And TC, what is Agassi tired of? Playing 15 tournaments a year? Wow! That's so tough! Flying around on his own private jet? And he never even plays doubles. Poor Andre! Didn't Rod Laver and the players from the 1960's and 1970's play 30 or so tournaments a year? I think they did.

I can't imagine being a big Agassi fan, and paying top dollar for the tickets, and then he all of a sudden decides he doesn't want to go all the way to Totonto to play. What, is Toronto in Siberia? :confused:

P.S. - I know Agassi is basically a good person at heart. But I'm a huge tennis fan at heart. And it hurts to see an all time great abuse the system the way he does. The ATP has to do something about it. But what?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I totally agree with you, Eggy! I think you should be the man who runs the ATP! :D

But Eggy, since the advent of ATP World, the WTA World's Russian Roulette forum has slowed down to a crawl. And that makes me very unhappy! :(

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
LOL @ Becca! :p You mean Andre can take his ball and go home if he wants to? :confused: Well, I guess that's what he did. But commitment, integrity and honesty should play a role in there somewhere. But it didn't.

And Becca, I guess it isn't okay for him to say "forget about it" to Canada. Otherwise the ATP wouldn't have acted so swiftly to fine him. You can bet the ATP is embarrassed at another tournament tank job by Agassi, just because he didn't want to go to Toronto at the last minute. Let's see, Agassi wouldn't have played until Wednesday. Tuesday at the earliest. But that's asking alot of a rich tennis player to take his private jet from Los Angeles on Sunday to Toronto by early Monday morning at the latest, and be ready to play by Wednesday! ;)

The bottom line is this: Agassi is making a mockery of the ATP and the tournament directors who count on him to sell the tickets and fulfill his committments! :mad: Unfortunately Andre doesn't always fulfill his committments. And tennis fans lose out when he doesn't. But what can the ATP do about this? Not much. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.