Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down goes the gay looking Czech :yeah:

The Master of Tennis is playing Youzhny/Malisse next.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He made 6 dropshots with his backhand and won all of them. Just beautiful to watch. His serve also was very good today.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Bilbo said:
Down goes the gay looking Czech :yeah:

The Master of Tennis is playing Youzhny/Malisse next.
Important to beat this Berdych-girl!!

Great done Agassi!

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
That was a tense match, but Andre's mental stability was impressive. Some remarkable shots under pressure. :clap2:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Very important the break back at 3-5 in the 4th. I'm not sure I would've liked Andre's chances had it gone to 5, Plus it conserves some energy. Win this thing Andre!

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
The Man now passes Ivan Lendl for the No. 2 spot as having the most Open wins. :D Berdych made me nervous throughout the whole match. He really kept Andre's serve under pressure and made him run all over the court. :scared: Thank god Andre's nerves and experience pulled him through. AA lives to see another day. :banana: Sorry Agassi haters. :kiss:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Ugh I wish Andre and James didn't have to meet each other along their way to the big final but it's going to be one hell of match providing of course they both get there! Way to go Andre on the victorious match! :lol: @ the comment by bilbo the gay looking czech.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Good match, Agassi!
To be honest, I don't think the fifth set would have been good. So I was glad that he found a way back into the fourth set to get a chance to finish it right there which he eventually did.

A few rare dropshots by Agassi displayed in this match and very good play from the baseline and in critical situations because it's not like that Berdych has no chances.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Great serving from AGassi and pretty good returning. If Berdych ever becomes mentally strong, improves his footwork just a little bit and works on his 2nd serve, he will be a beast It was a really high quality match.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Andre's getting caught flat-footed way too much for a supposed baseline beast. And his backhand is too tentative. 50% 1st serve is unacceptable as well.

The only way Andre has a prayer at beating Federer is if his Winner-Unforced Error ratio is at least 2:1, 1st serve % is 70+....AND Roger doesn't play his 'A' game.

In other words, Andre has to play a super-clean, Sampras-esque brand of tennis and Roger needs to have a bad day in front of semi-hostile crowds... Not bloody likely.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats Andre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Now which one was the American, because JMac sure was salivating over Bird. He says Top 20 within the year.

MaryC said he reminded her of a young Agassi, lots of talent but no game plan.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Congratulations to Andre, i think he played close to his best these days. Tomas could win this match but he was not consistent enough. It is frustrating that he appears to be exactly where he was a year ago, i feel he has improved but it is impossible to point to results proving that.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Andre :yeah:
AgassiFan said:
The only way Andre has a prayer at beating Federer is if his Winner-Unforced Error ratio is at least 2:1, 1st serve % is 70+....AND Roger doesn't play his 'A' game.

In other words, Andre has to play a super-clean, Sampras-esque brand of tennis and Roger needs to have a bad day in front of semi-hostile crowds... Not bloody likely.
Even under these circumstances, Federer would still come up with a way to win. He's just too good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts