·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know that!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes Tryphon he did. That's why Agassi was so pleased to play & win the gold for the US in Atlanta

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I always thought his name sounded Italian. I thought he looked it too, so i assumed he was Italian. Not that i care what his origins are, as long as he keeps entertaining me with great tennis!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Armenie is closed to Iran so...

Basically all names ending in 'ian' are supposed to be of Armenian origin, aren't they?

Andre: American :)
Andre's father: Iranian ;) :confused:
Andre's father's father: Armenian :D :confused:

And Andre's son: Germano-American :hearts:

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Funny you brought this up. My Dad was discussing this with me during the final last nite and I didn't know and he said that his dad was Persian (but I can tell him now that he is actually Armenian/Iranian)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
There is a difference between Armenian and Iranian is there not? Would someone mind explaining it to me?

I concur with those who have said he is certaintly of Armenian decent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
All that matters is that he plays for USA!!!!!!!!

GO Andre!!!!!

·
Banned
136 Posts
The difference between Armenian and Iranian are just like France and Australia. They are people from 2 seperate countries.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Where are people who are Armenian from?

I assumed it was people from different regions, I'm not a total tool :p

I was only asking cause I was not aware where those who were Armenian were from....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
well usually Armenian people are from Armenia, a contry near Russia, I'm half Armenian btw thats why I care ;) Don't speak the language and dont look very Armenian though

A long long time ago Armenia was much bigger than it now is but then a part of it was conquered by Persia and another part by Turkey. And since that 100 thousands Armenians lived over Persia and Andre's ancestors are one of these.
Mikaelian is Armenian too

·
Registered
297 Posts
armenia is a country and was formely part of the sovjet union I think

I admit I am clueless too so maybe I am talking crap:p

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
irma it was.

Andre's dad (Mike Agassian) was Armenian by descent but was born in Iran and lived there so he had to compete for Iran.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts