Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blake was up a break in the 3rd and playing beautiful tennis. He was controlling points with both his FH and BH amazingingly enough since his BH has been weak in the past. He made a few mistakes and then Agassi started playing really well. James weathered the storm, got his 1st serv % back up and served for the match at 5-4 in the fifth only to be broken at 15.

AGassi fell behind early in the TB, had a MP, James saved it and then Agassi won it at 6.

Some really great ball striking in this one. The crowd was a bit ambivalent at first but when Andre got behind, they were solidly in his corner. What a great run by James into the SF. All credit to the old man for such a comeback. Into the semis at the age of 35.

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,979 Posts
Andre Agassi def. James Blake 3-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, 7-6

:woohoo: contrats to Andre :bigclap:
poor James :(

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Poor James! :sad:

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Haha, amazing they have that dolt Tracy Wolfson down there at such an important moment.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
mi amor. te amo tanto. congrats to the original Bald-Master :kiss: :banana:

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Poor James!!!

But good luck to Andre in the next round!!!!

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY Andre!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. This is one of the best matches I've seen so far this year. Incredible stuff. Congrats to Andre and I'm really, really proud of James for doing so well after everything he's been through.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I am happy that Agassi pulled through. Unfortunately, he may not have enough in the tank to win against Ginepri. He has to wrap it up in 3 or Ginepri is through to the finals (not something I want).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Amazing, amazing, amazing match. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah no, Agassi is going to cruise to the final.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really good hitting from both. Who will have more gas for the SF's, Ginepri who has played 3 5 setters or the old master who comes off of this 5 setter?

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Unreal James :( He seemed to lose mometum in the third set, I had a feeling he wouldnt be able to keep up his level of play that high. Still great performance at the Open

Andre :rocker: what a comeback at 35 :eek: I hope he still has enough in the tank he still has 2 matches to go

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
RDucky said:
Great match, Blake wins the choker of the day from Coria.
The moment was just too much for him. I hope he can learn from this and keep his cool in key moments.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Tragic for the Blake fans. This should have been - at the very least - a semi-final.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts