Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Andy won both Wimbledon and the US Open at his eighth attempt, so maybe that's written in the stars too.

·
Registered
821 Posts
omg what a coincidence...actually I am afraid of Murray....he might try to take revenge of 2015 AO bagel.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Also the last time Nadal lost...a swiss player FO....now....wawrinka my repeat that??? Hopefully not.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Coincidence?:shrug:We will see:wavey:
Even though I am a die-hard Rafa fan, I will be rooting for Murray. He is a cultural icon and an important feminist figure in our world today. His win is a great victory for women around the world ... as a white male who identifies as an African American, my message to Murray is this: women and black America are behind you buddy! :)

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Also Andres Gomez won RG in his 11th attempt, the record in the Open Era it is Goran Ivanisevic in his 14th Wimbledon

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Will be funny and sad at the same time if he loses in the SF or F. Some Djokovic fans need to hold the horses.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Also Andres Gomez won RG in his 11th attempt, the record in the Open Era it is Goran Ivanisevic in his 14th Wimbledon
Ivanisevic failed to tie Lendl's record for most matches won in a tournament where you (as yet) have no title, though. Lendl of course never won Wimbledon. Djokovic will tie his record with 48 RG match wins if he can beat Murray tomorrow (or almost certainly beat it next year if he can't).

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
If Nole fails to win RG again, it would be horrible for his psyche ... I am not sure he will be able to recover for the rest of the year. He just beat the ultimate challenge on clay and to lose to Murray or Wawrinka ... that'd be tough to take

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Even though I am a die-hard Rafa fan, I will be rooting for Murray. He is a cultural icon and an important feminist figure in our world today. His win is a great victory for women around the world ... as a white male who identifies as an African American, my message to Murray is this: women and black America are behind you buddy! :)
Your sarcastic whim is GOATing these days.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Just stop. :facepalm:

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Federer completed the Grand Slam in Roland Garros the 5th time he was going for it, that will be Djokovic's number next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts