Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They know basic scheduling, climate and player issues that produce good matches and fair results. The other ones are just a traditional shows that really don't care about the game or players or anything , they are just making money off of the past. There must be a basic rule that a player can't play consecutive days in 5 sets.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
From AO 2014:

Dancevic collapsed during the second set of his first round match against Frenchman Benoit Paire and said he saw the comic character out on court as he suffered in the conditions.

He was unconscious for almost a minute but managed to return to the court before losing in straight sets.

"I was dizzy from the middle of the first set and then I saw Snoopy and I thought, 'Wow Snoopy, that's weird'," Dancevic said.

"I couldn't keep my balance anymore and I leaned over the fence and when I woke up people were all around me."

Open officials said the temperature hit a high of 42.8 at Melbourne Park as players and fans sweltered, with the heat expected to continue until the end of the week.

"It's inhumane and I don't think it's fair to anybody when you see players pulling out of matches and passing out," Dancevic said.

"It's hazardous to be out there, it's dangerous.

"Until somebody dies, they're going to keep playing matches in this heat ... and personally I don't think it's fair."

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when the tournament gets on. Obviously low players will suffer in the summer heat on the outer courts but the second week is more important and forcing players to do consecutive days is absurd.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Wow, it's good we have dinosaur commentators!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
AO is a joke. Almost nobody cares about it. They will make a big favour to the fans and the players if they can make it an ATP 500.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Aw poor Djoky fan throwing his toys out the pram, wouldn't be a god damn problem if Nole had dispatched Kevin in 3 sets.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Having matches go on until 4am is basic scheduling?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Australia is a glorified exhibition, a lot of players chose to play in India/Asia and tanked the AO. Djokovic killed the tournament just like Botnic killed San Jose. They'll probably close it down in a couple years and give it to China.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Having the mens SFs on different days destroys the credibility of the tournament.

Reactions: Joey Tribbiani

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Fuck off Craig Tiley. :wavey:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having the mens SFs on different days destroys the credibility of the tournament.
All players have two days off generally and it allows a big build up toward the final and the semis are played in the afternoon, not in the middle of the day as the others are forced to.

·
29,645 Posts
Croco-tards right now are as bad as Nadal fans were in 2010.

Conspiracy theories? Check.
Delusion? Check
Arrogance? Check.

Anderson isn't just facing the best player in the world tomorrow, he's facing a gang of intolerable assholes and I hope he sends them into uncontrollable tears.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's 1 set, which could take anything from 30 minutes to an hour, most of the time. He'd be practising for at least that length of time, if not longer today. It's hardly an exhausting schedule.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
They know basic scheduling, climate and player issues that produce good matches and fair results. The other ones are just a traditional shows that really don't care about the game or players or anything , they are just making money off of the past. There must be a basic rule that a player can't play consecutive days in 5 sets.
Abloo bloo bloo the only tournament my idol can win is good and the ones my idol can't are bad! :baby:
Jesus Christ, go get a frigging tissue.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Abloo bloo bloo the only tournament my idol can win is good and the ones my idol can't are bad! :baby:
Jesus Christ, go get a frigging tissue.
Give how many titles Novak is winning all over the world I think your post is a fail in itself.

As for the slams, the AO is about a decade ahead of the other slams. They're ones with a 2nd roof. They rarely have scheduling issues.

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
Give how many titles Novak is winning all over the world I think your post is a fail in itself.

No, it's not a fail. Slams are the most important events, and AO is Djoker's best Slam by far.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Agreed with OP. Wimbledon have joined the French in terms of pathetic scheduling.

Start at 11:30am you idiots.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts