Mens Tennis Forums banner

Was Feds performance against Novak overrated?

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It was a fluke in terms of his other matches at the WTF since he played well this match and played like shit-covered dildo in the others but it’s not a fluke in general since the big 3 generally raise their levels against each other and Federer had Djokovic on the ropes the past few times but couldn’t finish the job.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
yeah well it's tough when you're not the most loved player of all time. Sucks to be Djoker. The guy just tries waaaaay too hard to be loved and it backfires on him. Sometimes I do feel sorry for him. But then again he can be annoying. :cool:
Djokovic just needs to be himself and not worry about what people think. He used to be like that then he turned into a PR bot and does these cringed things to be liked. He still has plenty of fans but he would be more liked if he just displayed his true self.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Not a fluke but more like a bolt from the blue, it isn't like Federer doesn't have those performances in him still, it's just the chances of it materialising are lower than they ever have been.

Legends of any sport when they're old can still do it every now and then, it's just consistently they can't maintain it.
Exactly this. Federer isn’t as consistent anymore but every now and then, he displays some pretty damn impressive tennis and can dismantle a top player with ease but next match he can all of a sudden play like dildo and struggle or even lose to some journeyman.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Of course it proves Fed's win over Nole was just a fluke.
Nole just wanted to gift the match to Fed so badly, and the year end #1 to Rafa even more desperately!

Perfect explanation on what happened, now that you had me thinking about it.

And I don't think I'll need to add any smilies here to be understood.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
yeah well it's tough when you're not the most loved player of all time. Sucks to be Djoker. The guy just tries waaaaay too hard to be loved and it backfires on him. Sometimes I do feel sorry for him. But then again he can be annoying. :cool:
What he does after the match or in PR is his business & i don't necessarily agree w/ all of that but what he does on the court cannot b denied & spectators should respect that or just keep quiet.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Speaking about Nole's meltdowns in WTF's, I do recall at least one from the previous years in the final against Andy in 2016, which was pretty bad. Andy played a great match there though, so nothing fluke-like there.

Nole just has those days when he's more or less off, just like all other players sometimes do. Nothing more miraculous than that.

That's exactly why the game of tennis is so interesting to follow - the best reality show out there.

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
Is this still in GM? Lol

·
6,481 Posts
Combination of factors, including crowd, fatigue and an inspired opponent.
I would not think anything more of it, and instead look towards a record extending 8th AO in January next year.

·
Registered
8,166 Posts
It proves there is nothing for Murray to fear next year. Zilch.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
No, he has just played better then (and Novak wasn't that great either). TBH, Federer has a matchup advantage over Novak, he just blows it too often due to weaker mentality.
Like Novak has over Nadal which the Spaniard has to compensate through all the power of his will.

·
justice for all
15,206 Posts
Fed just hates Novack and his main target in this event was to humiliate the Serbian pusher and destroy his belief. Mission complete. Now the piano player from Monte Carlo is done winning slams - you heard it here first.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts