Mens Tennis Forums banner

Was Feds performance against Novak overrated?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak was emotionally down and I remember he basically just gave up at the start of the second.Nothing like Federer was playing outstanding or something, just Novak got emotionally off since the beginning and gifted the win..Also he indicated that he had some trouble with his elbow.

Tsitsi just dismantled Federer today..The way it should be really..I mean Federer was once great against the likes of Gonzales and Roddick but after that era he was basically a bunny of Novak and Nadal.Just sneaks in Grand Slam or two when Novak or Nadal are out injured..

What do you think?

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
I agree with you. Federer had no buss beein in the sr. But circunstances prevailed and he got there and was beat.

Reactions: grig_shap

·
Registered
16,369 Posts
define fluke.

Djokovic played as he did all week, and it wasn't enough against an inspired opponent.

It happens. It's not a fluke.

Federer had Djokovic to a final set tiebreak in their last 2 matches.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it wasn't a fluke. His performance against Djokovic was stellar.
Did you even see the way Novak was spraying UE after UE.That literally never happens.Either the opponent just plays the match of his life or if its Nadal on Clay..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
No it wasn't. Power in the shots of his opponent. That's the difference. It's why he's struggling against the younger players but still finding success against his older rivals. They lack the power that the younger players have.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
After Federer's dismantling of Djokovic, does it prove that Novak's win over Berrettini was just a fluke? :unsure:

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Not a fluke. Fed has his serve working full force against Djok--he had nothing working today. But Djok put up no resistance 2nd set, he basically bent over.
Djok made Fed look better than he actually is. Djok himself is not so great these days; he won Paris beating Shap and Dimitrov.

I think Tsitsi and maybe AZ would have also beat Djok.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Fed won because he was great that day and not because DJ was so poor, but looking at his overall performance this tournament I'd definitely call it a fluke performance.

·
justice for all
15,206 Posts
No, it just proves that faker's two wins over Stef were a big fluke. One was vs a baby Stef, the other one vs a tanking Stef who was getting prepared for the ATP finals.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not a fluke. Fed has his serve working full force against Djok--he had nothing working today. But Djok put up no resistance 2nd set, he basically bent over.
Djok made Fed look better than he actually is. Djok himself is not so great these days; he won Paris beating Shap and Dimitrov.

I think Tsitsi and maybe AZ would have also beat Djok.
Djok gave tsitsipas an almighty whack in Paris,if you cared to Notice

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, it just proves that faker's two wins over Stef were a big fluke. One was vs a baby Stef, the other one vs a tanking Stef who was getting prepared for the ATP finals.
Are you drunk? What is the topic to be discussed and what the heck are you discussing

1 - 20 of 73 Posts