Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you think of Andy Roddick's post game interview last night?
-- Ryan, New York
• In case you missed it. Opinions are, of course, all over the place. But far as I'm concerned, that was great television. Chris Fowler set Roddick up. A contrarian by nature, Roddick happily engaged. Fowler, to his credit, was poised and resisted lightening the mood. And we had one of the better television exchanges in recent memory. Having seen Roddick begin his career as such a giddy, happy-be-here kid, it's jarring to take stock of him in this jaded state. (And Mary Carillo called Ryan Harrison "crankypants?") But he raised some valid points both on TV and later in the post-match interview room. Sometimes his logic was shaky; sometimes he made absolute sense.
Some of the savvier viewers noted that after Roddick hit balls into the crowd after beating Russell, courtside audio picked up his voice muttering, "If's he's there, I'm walking out." (Fire up the TiVo if you're inclined.) Multiple sources tell me that the "he" in question is John McEnroe who, you'll notice, was not present with Fowler in the ESPN booth a few moments later. Bear that in mind as you listen to Roddick excoriate tennis analysts.
.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/09/01/mailbag/index.html#ixzz1WpqyqRME

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Mcenroe was a tennis genius and is a top notch insightful commentator. RodDICK has a face like a duck. The duck should retire for his fans.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Mcenroe was a tennis genius and is a top notch insightful commentator.
macenroe was great indeed as a player but as a commentator he's a bit of a fanboy and a gloryhunter. still, he makes a few good points here and there

·
Registered
114 Posts
My biggest problem with Johhny Mac is he cuts the Duck too much slack on reputation and is sometimes too hesitant to point out the guy is turning into the mug of all mugs.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
My biggest problem with Johhny Mac is he cuts the Duck too much slack on reputation and is sometimes too hesitant to point out the guy is turning into the mug of all mugs.
So why is Roddick so mad at McEnroe that he won't even do an interview with him? Actually, I think his beef is with Patrick McEnroe who's been critical lately of Roddick's one-dimensional game (over-relying on high MPH serve and playing the baseline defensely) despite being his Davis Cup captain.

Btw, this is typical of a bully like Roddick --- will beat up on lesser persons, but runs from those higher ones who won't back down.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dick had many losses due to fake humbleness, ingratiating and bullying behavior, food gourging and weight gain. he aged so early after his us open win.

bizarre, pathological liar roddick doesn't realize how bad he behaved and looked to tennis fans. successful, experienced players don't confuse easy thoughtful tennis with physicsl, unathletic, strainful clueless ball smacking.

he criticized tv snalysts.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/tennis/andy-roddick-lashes-out-against-tennis-analysts-in-post-match-interview/

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
What you think of Andy Roddick's post game interview last night?
-- Ryan, New York
• In case you missed it. Opinions are, of course, all over the place. But far as I'm concerned, that was great television. Chris Fowler set Roddick up. A contrarian by nature, Roddick happily engaged. Fowler, to his credit, was poised and resisted lightening the mood. And we had one of the better television exchanges in recent memory. Having seen Roddick begin his career as such a giddy, happy-be-here kid, it's jarring to take stock of him in this jaded state. (And Mary Carillo called Ryan Harrison "crankypants?") But he raised some valid points both on TV and later in the post-match interview room. Sometimes his logic was shaky; sometimes he made absolute sense.
Some of the savvier viewers noted that after Roddick hit balls into the crowd after beating Russell, courtside audio picked up his voice muttering, "If's he's there, I'm walking out." (Fire up the TiVo if you're inclined.) Multiple sources tell me that the "he" in question is John McEnroe who, you'll notice, was not present with Fowler in the ESPN booth a few moments later. Bear that in mind as you listen to Roddick excoriate tennis analysts.
.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/09/01/mailbag/index.html#ixzz1WpqyqRME
Roddick >>>>>> heya

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
McEnroe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roddick!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
dick had many losses due to fake humbleness, ingratiating and bullying behavior, food gourging and weight gain. he aged so early after his us open win.

bizarre, pathological liar roddick doesn't realize how bad he behaved and looked to tennis fans. successful, experienced players don't confuse easy thoughtful tennis with physicsl, unathletic, strainful clueless ball smacking.

he criticized tv snalysts.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/tennis/andy-roddick-lashes-out-against-tennis-analysts-in-post-match-interview/
Jesus lord, did he screw your sister or something back in the day?

Sometimes you're funny, and sometimes you edge on either complete batsh*t insanity or anti-humanism. Roddick must've done something to you or your family if you think he's the absolute scum of the universe, lol.

I'll admit, Andy's an asshole on court. But... damn lol

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
retire already, roddickhead.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Jackass 4:
"Hi. I'm Andy Roddick and this is the McEnroe's Poetry."

Now really:
Duck: Wimbledon.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Andy Roddick suck at all in today....

please if you play like what you did in 2003 that make sense..

But now... please go home

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mardy Fish wasn't thrilled when someone asked him about a recent comment by John McEnroe, suggesting that Andy Roddick's marriage to swimsuit model Brooklyn Decker (in April 2009) has taken an edge off his game. "I know Andy as well as anyone, and I think the marriage is one of the reasons he's still playing," Fish said. "I think what's been said is completely unwarranted. It's not a great comment to talk about wives."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/bruce_jenkins/06/28/wimbledon-notes/index.html too bad fishy is an enabler of rodduck's deceitful actions. HEY. fish THE TOP US PLAYER SAVED DAVIS CUP FOR RODDUMB...lmao. dick obviously says his wife gives him energy and support... he's proud that whenever he fails to be intelligent on and off court, he blames federer's ability to concentrate on tennis and wins.
no wonder roddick picked a wife who says she has little talent in show business.

as if great players need to be taken off all tv coverage to show the money-leeching roddick and his humiliated wife.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
He thought he could bully Djoker during the press conference when he
criticized him for his SARS & 16 injuries in front of the press
It was Karmic that Djoker routined him after that...
LOL

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
heya is the greatest mystery in mtf history, didn't it support roddick until like 2004/05 and where has it gone? retired with duck in '12?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
heya is the greatest mystery in mtf history, didn't it support roddick until like 2004/05 and where has it gone? retired with duck in '12?
Yeah, Roddick let her down.
No sightings since USO.
I predict she will emerge by the quarters

1 - 20 of 22 Posts