Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
9,885 Posts
Rublev may well cost himself a bit of results at AO , but he wasn’t winning it anyway, got 2 pretty soft draws in the first 2 weeks, and won very valuable points , played really well the last 2 matches, all good going forward for his season, AO won’t matter much , although he still should earn some more points I’m sure.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I don't think he is overplaying. He's 22, fit as hell, probably he's using some Brazilian multivitamins as well and he will have three days of rest before the AO. And he's got nice and izi first two rounds there.

My kids, when I was 22 - I was biking downhill for 10 kilometers just to play tennis for 3 hours in +30 degrees and after that I was biking back home 10 kilometers, but uphill this time. Right now I cannot even imagine biking downhill for 10 kms. He will be fine for AO.

·
Registered
27,178 Posts
Hitting an overhead 8 metres out on match point is fantastic.

·
10,117 Posts
I don't think he is overplaying. He's 22, fit as hell, probably he's using some Brazilian multivitamins as well and he will have three days of rest before the AO. And he's got nice and izi first two rounds there.

My kids, when I was 22 - I was biking downhill for 10 kilometers just to play tennis for 3 hours in +30 degrees and after that I was biking back home 10 kilometers, but uphill this time. Right now I cannot even imagine biking downhill for 10 kms. He will be fine for AO.
I can attest to this at the moment if you are fit and stay in shape in your 20s you can do this kind of stuff.

I can play 3 hours of tennis currently and go on a two hour bike ride and I'd be fine.

·
Your visions will happen
46,912 Posts

lol let's hope not

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
starts in 3 days for him
btw you were pretty sceptical about him not too long ago.. no change of heart yet?
i think he will be top 10 this year

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
btw you were pretty sceptical about him not too long ago.. no change of heart yet?
i think he will be top 10 this year
I wouldnt say skeptical. Just that you had grossly over-estimated him. And IIRC the results usually proved me right, you did misjudge his prowess.

Rublev was one of my early favs actually. I stanned him pretty hard in 2017.

He's stronger now. More sensible, patient baseline play. More fluid patterns. Top 10 level yes.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts