Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great effort from Andrey Rublev, very likeable player with a great attitude. How many players would just throw the towel after missing two MP in the second set and being down 0-3 in the deciding set? Especially a few days before the Australian Open. That was good to see.

Heroic stuff.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Tough loss for Felix. Good match for both but Felix couldn't hold his nerve in the end.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Interesting and intruiging match.
I am not sure if it makes sense to play tennis two full weeks before a Slam but we will see.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am not sure if it makes sense to play tennis two full weeks before a Slam but we will see.
I think it's okay. He got byes both events and his Doha draw was fortunate and swift.

·
The special one
13,957 Posts
Yeah great fight from Rublev, he just doesn't know when to quit. That's two 3 setters he's come through in consecutive days (against in form Evans yesterday and today) pretty impressive after winning a title last week as well.

Great start to the year Rublev is having. Back to back finals and will be big favourite against Harris in the final. He could be a dark horse to reach the top 10 at some point this year.

I just hope he isn't too fatigued for AO because he has a favourable draw and can make a run to the QF.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
The final match point sums up the entire encounter. FAA obviously has it in him but, he's hindered by excessive enthusiasm. All that power he doesn't seem to know what to do with almost feels like a burden. Overcooking every second return, going dtl off low balls, hitting slice on big points when you don't really have the shot can't cut it against top players. That being said, he played much better than at ATP Cup, so there are enough positives to take from this week.

Rublev is impressive in his recently founded calmness and confidence. Looks like he's matured a lot.
He's a massive favorite in the final. Hopefully, he won't burn out before AO.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good to see rublev in a good form, hopefully he has enough in the tank for the real thing.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
FAA seems mature personaIity-wise for his age, now just needs a IittIe more maturity in his on court decision making.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I think it doesn't and he is hurting his chances at a good AO run.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Congratulations to Rublev, a fun player to watch. A good loss for Felix, he goes into the AO with his confidence renewed. I'm having trouble with people here saying Felix needs to do this or that, this match could have gone either way and he's only 19. Nothing but positives here for Felix after a shaky start to the year.

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
I cant believe how dramatically this forum declined... There isn't even a single thread for Auckland matches where Paire-Humbert reached the final.

As for Adelaide, qualifier Harris joins Rublev in the final. :eek: :spit:

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts