Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 6:7 0:2 in the second set I thought it was over but Gulbis fought back. Let's hope he can keep the same spirit for the next matches. This is his first ATP tournament main draw win outside Grand Slams and St. Petersburg.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Ernie :yeah:
Amazing that this is his first ATP win outside St Petersburg.

Shame about Golubev though. He's a fun player to watch (and listen to).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Golubev had 16 BP oppurtunities in this one, but converted only 2 of them.

Tough, but good start for the new season :yeah:

Gulbis - Tsonga in the next round. Uhh, this will be some ball-bashing match.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congratulations :worship:

Tsonga will be difficult but he can do it!!!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
This should've gone easier, but he's a freshman in the main tour. GL in the next match

·
Registered
596 Posts
Can someone do me a favor and upload some gulbis video to youtube or something and post a link? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Can someone do me a favor and upload some gulbis video to youtube or something and post a link? Thanks in advance.
That would be great. The only match I've watched of his is Moya QF at the USO and little clips here and there.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
That would be great. The only match I've watched of his is Moya QF at the USO and little clips here and there.
His destruction of Robredo in the late night USO R16 match was memorable -- he literally couldn't miss. Never seen a more humiliating beat-down.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
His destruction of Robredo in the late night USO R16 match was memorable -- he literally couldn't miss. Never seen a more humiliating beat-down.
Unfortunately I only saw highlights of that which is actually what drew me to him in the first place. US tennis coverage sucks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Unfortunately I only saw highlights of that which is actually what drew me to him in the first place. US tennis coverage sucks.
Exactly! Curse Espn! I do NOT want to watch another wta blow out or serena reply ever again :retard:

·
Banned
10 Posts

i was there front row for every point - highlight of 2007. It was on YouTube, not sure if it still is, but I know it's on www.dailymotion.com, just search Ernests Gulbis and it's the first one there. Warning: you might never be the same after viewing it.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts

·
Registered
10,598 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I saw him lose to Golobev last year at AO quallies, so its great that he can get revenge on him this year and win. I think he is actually much better than Golobev but seems to struggle against him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts