Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Another brilliant choke of PHM, wasting 2 mp.

When you lose against a journeyman after winning the 1st set 6:1, enough said.

Btw every year the story of the January is the same:

[Insert Australian player in here] does amazing in Adelaide. Top 20/50 is predicted at the end of the season. Ends up playing 25k Australian challengers in the end.

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts
Sirianni gave up 2 match points before Mathieu did ;) and he's not playing like a journeyman at the moment so you can't really use that as a guide.

Great match Joe! Can't believe this unbelievable roll of form he's having at the moment :yeah: :D

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Sirianni gave up 2 match points before Mathieu did ;) and he's not playing like a journeyman at the moment so you can't really use that as a guide.

Great match Joe! Can't believe this unbelievable roll of form he's having at the moment :yeah: :D
Sirianni gave up 2 break points, not match points.

He is a journeyman. He is playing well, but he isn't good enough to cause problems to PHM, unless he chokes as always.

Btw today's choke reason must be the fight for the 24th seed in the AO. He just needed to win this match to avoid a 1-8 seed in the 3rd round of the AO.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Andre♥;6386054 said:

[Insert Australian player in here] does amazing in Adelaide. Top 20/50 is predicted at the end of the season. Ends up playing 25k Australian challengers in the end.

Hahahaha Ur sooooo cut right now haha ur so fucking CUT

suck it up Mathieu lost to 195th ranked Journymen Australian Sirianni :haha: :worship::D:D:D

holy shit Joe now Ur SE at Sydney and MD of AO woohoooo!!!!!!

hahahaha @ the cutness of you

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I can't belive Paulo choked against this guy. No offence, but he won't do anything outside of Australia.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
i thought henri let go of his choke tag last year.

sirianni had heart and is a fighter!

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
This is no fluke, Sirianni has a 25-1 or similar win-loss record in competitive matches since November, something clicked and he is playing at very high level right now.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
i thought henri let go of his choke tag last year.

sirianni had heart and is a fighter!
He just lost focus for a while there. Now he's back to his usual self again :eek:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Every match PHM loses is because of choke thinks MTF.... how sad....its inevitable if you have a third set tiebreak that the loser has missed chances, otherwise it wouldnt have been a third set tiebreak...so pathetic always stapling PHM down as a choker...He he is a good top 20 player nowadays, and those players just sometimes lose a match. Live with it...Its not like he blew a 5-0 lead or anything...the playeres were equally matched in this game and one of them lost.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Every match PHM loses is because of choke thinks MTF.... how sad....its inevitable if you have a third set tiebreak that the loser has missed chances, otherwise it wouldnt have been a third set tiebreak...so pathetic always stapling PHM down as a choker...He he is a good top 20 player nowadays, and those players just sometimes lose a match. Live with it...Its not like he blew a 5-0 lead or anything...the playeres were equally matched in this game and one of them lost.
:hug: I don't mean any disrespect to my beloved Paulo. I just wish he could've taken one of those points. :sobbing:

G

·
Andre♥;6386054 said:

lmao I'd love to meet those who are predicting Smoking Joe to get into the top 50 :D

Need more room in this bandwagon.

Joeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :worship:

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Andre♥;6386054 said:
remember a while back a young lad named lleyton hewitt reached the finals in adelaide.? :cool:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Congratulations to Sirianni. Before this tournament, he hadn't appeared at an ATP level event since s'Hertpgenbosch in 2006, and had only won one main draw match above Challenger or Futures level (when he beat Mirnyi in straight sets in the 1st round of the Aussie Open in 2003).
His excellent run here, on the back of him winning the Aussie Open wildcard play-off, is a great story and he really must be enjoying his tennis at the moment.

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts
Andre♥ said:
Sirianni gave up 2 break points, not match points.

He is a journeyman. He is playing well, but he isn't good enough to cause problems to PHM, unless he chokes as always.

Btw today's choke reason must be the fight for the 24th seed in the AO. He just needed to win this match to avoid a 1-8 seed in the 3rd round of the AO.
Ok my mistake... but at that stage of the match losing 2 break points is as much of a 'choke' as if they were match points.

BUT it's not a choke anyway :rolleyes: No one on this site seems to know what a choke is.
Andre♥ said:

:scratch: :confused:
lmao I'd love to meet those who are predicting Smoking Joe to get into the top 50 :D

Need more room in this bandwagon.

Joeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :worship:
:haha: Me too!!! I have heard NO one mention Sirianni making the top 20/50 :lol: who would even dare make such a comment? It's insane.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts