Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
A routine win, Rublev way too consistent from the baseline and Harris with a lot of unforced errors. Still a great week for Lloyd, making the final here was unexpected.
2 titles in a row for Andrey, looking good. The 2nd serve still has to be improved, I think.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Tremendous start to the year for Rublev! Today he was fire and way too strong for Harris. Plus the UEs from Harris didn't help either.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,927 Posts
Oh poor Harris. Losing final is one thing but getting ripped apart is another. You'll get better.

Rublev didn't win the comeback player award but I had good words to say of his progress. Back to back titles is nice but hopefully that doesn't hamper his energy and fitness for AO.

Also had to laugh at the size differential between the trophies.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Today, in the first set Andrei wasn't even that good just has the winning habit
he does not have a lot of points to defend until Hamburg, so Top Ten should be possible soon
since Cincinatti he is 35:8, since Moscow 18:2

i hope this great form continues as long as possible!

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
to the OP, why did you use specific accent for previous threads (serbian and spanish) but opted American way of spelling in the Russian case?

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Russian spelling won't be allowed. Same with Chinese, Georgian or Greek. Trust me, I've tried in the past and the title got edited by mods.
okay but I am not talking about russian cyrilic, maybe romanised version of it, in this case it would be Andrej Andrevič Rublev, anyway though mods edited even this version of yours :censored:

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
B2B titles for this rapidly rising youngster.

Game completing itself nicely.

Harris is an interesting serve+power/rally mix, with obvious timing defficincies that still make him look quite rudementary at times.

He will be another slot holder though. Another tricky opponent for many to overcome, especially when he hits his spot on the serve.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
What a start of the year for Rublev! My main concern is that he will be tired for the AO and might not go far there. The youngsters slowly but surely taking the top rankings, Its a matter of a year or two before they eclipse the big 3.

Reactions: Meddy Bär and MWW

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
When I talked about the winning-a-title-as-a-teenager elite list, some made fun of the name "Andrei Rublev" on it. It seems that he's no exception after all, and will duly follow the tradition to reach Top 10 sooner or later.

Seriously, back then someone called him a "psychopathic mental widget error machine" who fluked a title and would fade away in due course, and just look at the number of UE's that he made in this final. Some error machine indeed. Amazing.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,927 Posts
okay but I am not talking about russian cyrilic, maybe romanised version of it, in this case it would be Andrej Andrevič Rublev, anyway though mods edited even this version of yours :censored:
We didn't edit here. We merged two threads.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Harris is interesting one. Every time I watch him hes very shit but he has quite alot respectable wins.

Expected win for Rublev. When was the last time someone won two ATP titles before AO?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Great start to the year for Rublev, consolidating the back end of last year. It's only a matter of time before he reaches the top 10 I think.

Hopefully he still has some energy left for the AO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts