Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as some of the amateurs on the board are creating threads and are tricking you into thinking they know what they're talking about, I thought I'd be the first to actually guarantee a profit. I'm clearly the best punter on here, and seeing as I'm in a generous mood I thought I'd let you join in the profits.....

We'll start off with 500 units. I am going to turn this into at least 10 times what we've started off with by the end of September.

Day 1, 7 September 2005

Bet 1

Andre Agassi to beat James Blake at 1.90 (Various Places) 100 units

Bet 2

Guillermo Coria to beat Robby Ginepri 2.50 (Bet 365) 100 units
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
lol, like yesterday when you called everyone amateurs and advised going big on Venus.
but GL bro, it'll be entertaining to watch
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a disappointing loss for Coria, I shall be banking on Andre to win.

Bet 3

An extra 150 units on Agassi to beat Blake, taking the total up to 250 at 1.90
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
whats up with all these threads ???????? is this some kind of get rich quick scheme which never works out???? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
adee-gee said:
After a disappointing loss for Coria, I shall be banking on Andre to win.

Bet 3

An extra 150 units on Agassi to beat Blake, taking the total up to 250 at 1.90
I know it all worked out in the end, but why did you up your original stake on Agassi after Coria lost? Is the probability of Agassi winning dependent on other results? I think we call this chasing losses, and although it paid off today, one day the shit will hit the fan.

Also, do you normally bet well over 1/4 of your bank on a single bet? Flirting with danger if you ask me.

Anyway, you're ahead and that's all that matters - but when you put yourself on a pedastal, calling everyone else amateurs, and then display traits of an amateur punter (ie. huge stakes on single events and chasing losses) you leave yourself open for criticism

Good luck with your next picks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
g35-great said:
whats up with all these threads ???????? is this some kind of get rich quick scheme which never works out???? :p
I wonder who they're all copying... who started doing this first :scratch:

:p

but Adee is the man, he can do as he pleases ;).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Breaker said:
I know it all worked out in the end, but why did you up your original stake on Agassi after Coria lost? Is the probability of Agassi winning dependent on other results? I think we call this chasing losses, and although it paid off today, one day the shit will hit the fan.

Also, do you normally bet well over 1/4 of your bank on a single bet? Flirting with danger if you ask me.

Anyway, you're ahead and that's all that matters - but when you put yourself on a pedastal, calling everyone else amateurs, and then display traits of an amateur punter (ie. huge stakes on single events and chasing losses) you leave yourself open for criticism

Good luck with your next picks
The unit system with experienced gamblers typically denotes 1 unit as equallying 1% of their kitty.

However on this forum where people bet 150% of the money they have, units obviously mean something else. If Adee is starting with a 500 unit bank, then just divide the factor of units in each bet by 5 to obtain the 'real' stake.

Not that anyone any successful gambler would wager 1/5 his money on such a risky bet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,787 Posts
lol 100 250 Units? ..what is 1 Unit in your betting book
profits guaranteed?...i mean congrats on agassi mate but was it worth to put 250 units on it ..and u call urself the best punter :lol: :shrug: ?

still adee congrats on agassi i ain t hatin ;)
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey no criticising the master, Agassi was a sure thing, it was never in doubt :p hence the large risk.....
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Day 1 Summary

Began with 500 units.....

Guillermo Coria lost to Robby Ginepri (-100 units) = 400 units
Andre Agassi def James Blake (+250 units at 1.90) = 625 units

End of day 1 = 625 units (Profit 125 units)
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Day 2, 8 September 2005

Bet 1

Lleyton Hewitt to beat J.Niemenen 3 sets to 0 at 1.80 (William Hill) 125 units

Bet 2

David Nalbandian to beat Roger Federer with +7 handicap at 2.10 (Bet 365) 150 units
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way....For those questioning me putting half my bank balance on Agassi. The 500 units does not equal my total bank balance, its just a figure I've set aside for this little exercise.
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Day 2 Summary

Began with 625 units.....

Lleyton Hewitt def Jarkko Niemenen 3 sets to 2 (-125 units) = 500 units
Roger Federer def David Nalbandian by more than 7 games (-150 units) = 350 units

End of day 2 = 350 units (Lost 275 units, Down 150 units overall)
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top