Mens Tennis Forums banner

How important's the weather?

• Nole can beat Nadal at RG with some cloud cover.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Sun or shade, Djoker stands no chance.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're only a few hours away and it seems MTF is in a panic over the weather tomorrow.

It’s no secret that Nole’s a different player under some cloud cover against Rafa, and Nadal’s bounce is much less threatening. We’ve seen momentum swings at RG which coincided with changes in weather conditions, Djoker rout Nadal in Monte Carlo in heavy Soderling-like conditions, and beat him at other clay events without too much fuss.

Considering Nadal is the RG GOAT, to what degree are you hoping for Mars-like conditions today?

Please take the Buttfear poll and listen to what your sphincter is telling you.

Olé!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not really, Rafa can beat Nole at the US Open when he plays his best so he should be able to do the same on a heavy clay court. The best player will win and the weather will just have the slightest of effects

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Am I allowed to vote?
I think the weather is important but when you think of the fact that Novak could take it to fifth set last year in extremely hot condition but fail to win the USO on his best surface, I'd say it isn't the deciding factor

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I think Djokovic loses either way BUT obviously things will be a lot tougher if the ball is not bouncing high in heavy wet conditions

to be honest its like good and bad about clay in bad weather - good that you can keep playing (when there are time restraints) when it's wet, but bad because I think tennis is supposed to and was always meant to be played in fairly nice conditions (warm weather, clean skies)

obviously Novak will hope it is cloudy. I think it's safe to say that Djokovic is the one who's aiming to get help from the weather more than the other way around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts