Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to see ACELAND fold. Marc showed us a world we love with a different more personal lens and I for one will miss the site. Take care.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Your not alone Scott, such an excellent website and job that Marc did, however as a one man show with limited financial support, he could not continue.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm also very sad to see it go - it's been one of the few sites to cover lower level tennis of any kind. I hope Marc can find a way to get it up and running again, though unfortunately I don't think it's likely.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I am really going to miss that site. I was a subscriber and logged in EVERY day to read the all so relevant articles and match reports. Your site will be sorely missed Marc McGowan. I enjoyed it immensely.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
It was never going to prosper, any diehard tennis fan is going to post here anyway ... There just ain't that many of us. All the best to the ones involved with it, hopefully they go on to future endevours around tennis. Maybe Kate could arrange a job at Tennis Australia with her :lol:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
It was never going to prosper, any diehard tennis fan is going to post here anyway ... There just ain't that many of us. All the best to the ones involved with it, hopefully they go on to future endevours around tennis. Maybe Kate could arrange a job at Tennis Australia with her :lol:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

:haha:

But true that it is hard is make content pay these days as the Oz and many others have discovered, especially when so much free stuff is readily available.

But it is a shame that TA and the mainstream generally does a poor job promoting the lower level players/tournaments. If TA want tennis to reclaim its place in the market place needs to be much more feeding of the media beast on the up and comers (including thse in TAs bad books!), pro tour etc,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts