what a tie break

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
:woohoo: congrats!! :woohoo:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Great match - i thoroughly enjoyed it. Congrats Chucho - and good luck against Hewitt. Bad Luck Lucho.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
:woohoo: Nice win Chucho, this sets up a really exciting 2nd round match with Hewitt. Do your best Chucho, vamossss

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Horna gagged badly in that TB, his return game is on a par with Roddick's at times - so many balls either hit long or else dumped into the net. Acasuso looked like he was starting to wilt in the heat and would probably have lost if it went to the fifth, but he held his nerve after blowing matchpoints earlier on and what a backhand to finish it off.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Well done Chucho!!! :bounce:

B

·
0 Posts
the dominance of the big man continues, i will let GWH update the pigeon thread :woohoo:

what was suprising was he actually lost a set to Horna considering their past 5 meetings ;)

dream match up for me, chucho v rusty :rocker:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Well done guys on a very good match, of course the local network didn't bother showing much of a match that was actually competitve, but at least I can see his next match against Hewitt. If he doesn't serve well it will be over quickly.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Sjengster said:
Horna gagged badly in that TB, his return game is on a par with Roddick's at times - so many balls either hit long or else dumped into the net. Acasuso looked like he was starting to wilt in the heat and would probably have lost if it went to the fifth, but he held his nerve after blowing matchpoints earlier on and what a backhand to finish it off.
That's the problem with Lucho, he doesn't have great consistency and needs to work harder and his returns are the main reason he doesn't do very well against Acasuso.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts