Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tight first set, but Nalbandian served very well and was able to break down Horna's backhand.

Lucho had only 1 chance to break in the 2nd game of the 2nd set, he failed to do it and then Nalbandian broke for the 1st time in the set.

Horna was playing baseball on the returns at the end, he was just outgunned.

Too good all round from Nalbandian and a very good week for Horna in spite of today's result.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Another final for fit Dave, beats Lucho 7-5 6-1

10th win in a row and Nalby has now reached the final for the fourth time out of the last 6 tournaments he played. He's won the previous 3 (Madrid, Paris and Buenos Aires).

Nalby went unbroken in this match and faced only one bp.

The new and improved Fit Dave is on fire.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Acapulco SF : Dave Nalbandian def Luis Horna 7-5 6-1

Jaite must be telling Nalbandian to try in these optionals.

Freshen up for Indian Wells and Miami.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

Nalbandian :woohoo:

I think this is great for his confidence and his ranking ;)

I hope he can actually do something good in IW and miami and not only noise as he did after Madrid and Paris for the AO!

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

Please, PMK can you change thread title and put David instead of Dave please? :) thanks

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Sweet revenge for last years defeat in RR in Baires.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
So, if David is supposed to be tired and is playing sublime tennis, then imagine what a fresh David could do this week. Every match should have had a bagel set.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
This is the first time in his career (excluding futures level matches) that David has registered 10 consecutive victories. This was another confident and assured display from him today :).
Lucho should be pleased with the week he had. It was very encouraging

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Another consistent performance by David. He missed several bp in the first set but he managed to close it at 7-5 and then the match was over.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
So, if David is supposed to be tired and is playing sublime tennis, then imagine what a fresh David could do this week. Every match should have had a bagel set.
he was very tired in his first match against Pashanski but now he is
ok , a little tired of course but Inside the normal parameters

·
Registered
60 Posts
David is playing such an excellent tennis,I'm so happy....Horna played a VERY good first set, but David is just too much for every player he faces....

I can't believe he didn't drop a single set at this tournament

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jaite knows how to get players to win 2 consecutive events in a row, he did it with Gaudio as well.

It's good solid stuff from Nalbandian.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Re: Another final for fit Dave, beats Lucho 7-5 6-1

Fit dave!!:bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe Nishikori won it and deservedly so. There isn't even anyone else that comes close.
yes I think so...it just would be funny to have Nalbi again there (at least, he bandwagonned me again..)

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
This Nalby is good.

What an all-surface player.

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
:shrug:

10 match winning streak.. somehow Nalbandian looks really solid.. Jaite's work in Nalbandian is flawless..

He looks focused (at least this week), no bumps, just fighting spirit and looks to be enjoying playing tennis rather than battling past players..

Good final match against chucho or mucho.. both of them are just hitters with no good strategy.. he has played chucho a week ago, and mucho shouldnt be much of a different there..

Good luck David, and I hope you take the title here!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts