Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Dimitrov his usual hopeless self, no second serve and allowed Nadal to stand almost out of court and didnt think to throw a couple of short serves to upset Nadal. No hope for the hopless.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Good day for a tennis.Humanity and tennis won today!

Reactions: Haneul

·
Registered
245 Posts
Both ended up winning up below 40% of second serve points, that tells you everything about the quality of this match: bad, really bad.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
it was over when dimug failed to consolidate the early break in the 1st set.

no chance for the gringo manana, numero 85 for rafa..

Reactions: incognito

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Still worried how often Rafa getting broken. But at least hes breaking back.
Easy match. Dimi cant have some good shots and good rallies but thats it.
Another final

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
The first Dimidal in eons I wasn't even an ounce excited about. It used to be a great matchup, despite the predetermined winner. But not anymore. In his current state Dimitrov is capable of playing one good match - two on a really lucky week. His shoulder starts giving in after that. It's quite a miracle he passed Wawrinka in the first place (the only explanation is that Stan was his most horrendous bo3 self).

·
Registered
11,830 Posts
It was a good tournament for Grigor but until he sorts out his serve, there is a limit to how far he can go.

·
Registered
21,912 Posts
Dimitrov might look solid on the baseline and even on the return, but without a proper serve, he’s not gonna do anything. So until he fixes his shoulder and the serve, it’s gonna be a painful period for him I’m afraid

·
Banned
234 Posts
This thread is comedy gold. Yesterday so many Federer and Djokovic fans were saying Dimitrov would beat Nadal as his form was like USO and as he beat federer was bound to beat Nadal.

Yet Nadal once again sent them all into depression. That was a beat down. Yet more evidence what Nadal would do to Federer on north american hardcourts lol.

Nadal is not even at 100 pct as he is building to peak at RG. This is so satisfying.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
At the start looked like Dimi had something to offer, but it broke down more and more as the match wore on ...
Classic rafa dismantling, despite not playing his very best--he didn't need to.
He is so bloody smart about how to manage a match.

Despite the score, some glorious points, by Dimi too. But he cannot redline for long.
That one very low mid court BH drop shot/slice from Rafa was insane.

I like his chances at IW.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The match was definitely a little closer than the lopsided scoreline. Dimitrov was in plenty of Nadal's service games, but his own serve was genuinely poor, and Nadal made him pay.

If Grigor could get some confidence back in his service games I could easily envision a return to the top 10, but until he fixes this (predominantly shoulder issue?) it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Rafa's lvl of play avrg,sadly

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Unbelievable match. Very high quality.

Dimitrov was IMMENSE

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
MTF never ceases to amaze me, some actually thought Dimug has a chance against a fit Big 3 :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure he and his fans will be extremely pleased he reached the semifinals and inflated his rank with another 100 points as he had no business playing this match.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts