Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the first set, then retired - drops 15 spots to #38 Ouch

Left wrist - how long will he be out for?

·
justice for all
15,257 Posts
Was it really an injury or is gyros heading the tomic way?

·
Your visions will happen
48,645 Posts
Well with that stiff backhand, a left wrist injury is only a matter of time

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The Nadal curse against his bitter rivals strikes again which translates to his luck, courtesy of the sorcerer El padrino aka the Godfakerer. So much for “exterminating the rats”.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You know, people give NK a lot of shit for not training hard enough etc, but we might have to face the reality that his body is just injury prone.

He may have 'talent' in his hands, but his skinny and wiry body type is not ideal for tennis these days.

Better to be a 6'0 or 6'1 robust guy like Thiem or Wawa.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Reported for racism.
The guy who said that has a Mexican flag next to his name. Is he not allowed to say that about his own people?

Regardless, I have noticed crowds in Acapulco, Miami and Madrid seem to have a very nasty undertone to their booing. Real sinisterness in it and no humour whatsoever.

Add to that the throwing of bananas at black players in La Liga..

What is the common denominator?

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
What a retarded crowd, they booed Kyrgios off the court for being injured. Would they do the same with Nadal? Again, retarded and mentally handicapped crowd.
Probably not bit Kyrgios has a long history has a long history of disrespecting fans and tanking so of course they will treat him differently.

Using terms like "retarded" and "mentally handicapped" to insult people you don't agree with is extremely offensive so think before you post your rubbish.

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
Probably not bit Kyrgios has a long history has a long history of disrespecting fans and tanking so of course they will treat him differently.

Using terms like "retarded" and "mentally handicapped" to insult people you don't agree with is extremely offensive so think before you post your rubbish.
So when Nick does it, he is being called retarded but it's ok. When it's the crowd disrespecting the player, it's not ok to call them retarded. Ok.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
The guy who said that has a Mexican flag next to his name. Is he not allowed to say that about his own people?

Regardless, I have noticed crowds in Acapulco, Miami and Madrid seem to have a very nasty undertone to their booing. Real sinisterness in it and no humour whatsoever.

Add to that the throwing of bananas at black players in La Liga..

What is the common denominator?
That's an Italian flag, not a Mexican flag and I don't think an Australian should be pointing fingers on this topic.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That's an Italian flag, not a Mexican flag and I don't think an Australian should be pointing fingers on this topic.
I'm a non-white Australian who copped racism growing up

From what I've seen, there seems to be a genuine sinisterness in the Acupulco/Miami/Madrid crowds.

Nick was booed off court for BEATING Wawrinka in Madrid 2016.

He was booed during that epic Miami match against Federer in 2017, and booed off court. He had just played a part in one of the greatest men's 3 set matches of all time.

Some crowds have no taste, and miss the point of sports/life.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
I'm a non-white Australian who copped racism growing up

From what I've seen, there seems to be a genuine sinisterness in the Acupulco/Miami/Madrid crowds.

Nick was booed off court for BEATING Wawrinka in Madrid 2016.

He was booed during that epic Miami match against Federer in 2017, and booed off court. He had just played a part in one of the greatest men's 3 set matches of all time.

Some crowds have no taste, and miss the point of sports/life.
True and you only have to look at the way Australian crowds behave to players like Adam Goodes to see just how hateful and racist sports crowds can be.

Like I said, Australians shouldn't be pointing fingers on this issue. They clearly "have no taste, and miss the point of sports/life".

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
Who called Kyrgios retarded? Who other than you is using this offensive term?

Get an education, you really need it.
More than half the forum. Anyway, it looks like you got triggered by the word "retarded" more than anything. While it is an offensive term, it perfectly describes what happened. If you are unable to realize a player retires because of an injury and decide to boo him off the court because he has "history", then you are clearly having some serious problems.

People told Nick to change, to stop being rude to opponents and the crowd. When it finally looks like he is on the right track, he gets this "respect" from the crowd. How is he supposed to change then? The crowd was disgusting and you know it. Yes, I used offensive terms, but this is what this crowd deserves. End of story.

If you think I should be banned for using those words, report me to the mods, I don't care.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts