Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to surprising since donald is coming from that final in delray just 2 days ago. ryan should probably be happy that donald did have a problem because, given the amount of trouble he had even still doesnt paint a good picture of how it would go if donald was fine.

in that 3rd set there were 5 straight breaks of serve before donald retired.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Bummer for Young after that great week in Delray Beach.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I know this forum loves The Don but I cant help but think Delray was/is the exception and The Don will be back to mediocre for most of the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Out of form Harrison beats out of shape Young

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What was the actual injury?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Third set was disgusting and I was only keeping up on livescore.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
I hope it's just fatigue related and he comes back strong soon.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
And Harrison is on his way to his first ATP title! Next up: piece of cake match vs. Dimitrov!

·
Registered
736 Posts
not to surprising since donald is coming from that final in delray just 2 days ago. ryan should probably be happy that donald did have a problem because, given the amount of trouble he had even still doesnt paint a good picture of how it would go if donald was fine.

in that 3rd set there were 5 straight breaks of serve before donald retired.

True, Brutal final against grinder Karlovic, its understandable.

Mommy/coach is currently rocking him to sleepy-sleepy.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
A win is a win.

Qualison :yeah:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I know this forum loves The Don but I cant help but think Delray was/is the exception and The Don will be back to mediocre for most of the rest of the season.
1. You're joking about that right? The majority of MTF people are mad that Donald Young's still trying to make a good tennis career instead of going away. The guy who posted above this one is such an example. So delusional to think that Ryan Harrison had more talent than him.

2. Donald Young got hurt during the second set. Not sure what kind it was yet, but it limited him enough to not finish the match. Shouldn't be a long term thing. He's got 10 days to rest up for Davis Cup, IW, and Miami.

·
Registered
33,358 Posts
Probably strategic retirement and this is actually very wise. From what I see only The Bryans of Team USA are still left in a tournament this week After Donald exploit in Delray it would have been stupid to put 100% in here, and player like Donald isn't used to having 2 good weeks in a row, letalone three anyway. IDK if he and Ryan get along but it will have been nice for Ryan to win one over an inform American.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Probably strategic retirement and this is actually very wise. From what I see only The Bryans of Team USA are still left in a tournament this week After Donald exploit in Delray it would have been stupid to put 100% in here, and player like Donald isn't used to having 2 good weeks in a row, letalone three anyway. IDK if he and Ryan get along but it will have been nice for Ryan to win one over an inform American.
Did you see if he got hurt? If it was a strategic tank, why didn't he just finish the 2-3 games. Was this a situation where if he withdrew he gets stuck with a 0 penalty on a 500 event? He wasn't going to gain any points if he won this match and would've had to beat Dimitrov to increase his ranking points

·
Premium Member
62,116 Posts
Match wasn't streamed so difficult to know what happened. Hope it's just fatigue. I sort of expected it after Delray. Still a good result for Harrison, hope he can climb some in the rankings.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
luckyson :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts