Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't watch the match but I'm curious to hear from anyone who did. During AO, Zverev got his serving act together, but now, looking at the match stats, I don't know what to think about his second serve. Winning 50 % of second serves seems decent, I guess, but all points lost on the second serve (eight out of sixteen) were double faults.

The above may be a sign that Zverev has taken the advice spoken by many - to just go for the second serve. So, in case anyone watched the match, did Zverev routinely hit 190-200 km/h second serves?

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
I didn't watch the match but I'm curious to hear from anyone who did. During AO, Zverev got his serving act together, but now, looking at the match stats, I don't know what to think about his second serve. Winning 50 % of second serves seems decent, I guess, but all points lost on the second serve (eight out of sixteen) were double faults.

The above may be a sign that Zverev has taken the advice spoken by many - to just go for the second serve. So, in case anyone watched the match, did Zverev routinely hit 190-200 km/h second serves?
No, I'd say Zverev's second serves are pretty much the same as before. He probably wouldn't even make 8 double faults if he went for the second serve, but he took the pace off and missed 3 of them pretty badly in his first service game, one barely hit the net ?
Certainly not a good first set today, got back to his average level in the second and it was enough to win that one easily.

Reactions: Henrik

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Only watched a bit of set 1. Serving was surely worse than in Australia, but I will give him a "W" for "watchable" for this performance. Played definitely better than at the AO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts