Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rafa didn't win a title until Rome last year, whereas this year I think he's way ahead of schedule because that Thiem-Nadal match was the highest level of the AO.
Hopefully Rafa can rack up a couple of hardcourt titles before the clay season and go on to reach 90 titles this year!
Yes Hopefully.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dubai 2019
Dubai 2019, Halle 2019 and Basel 2019.

Federer, our beloved 500 vulturerer titles goat. Laughable. He just wants to have at least something. He is so desperately trying to catch Connors 109. Wont happen. But I guess he'll make sure to prove me wrong. There are enough Istanbul tournaments to do so.

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Exactly. Grandpa is fine. We just saw him running and winning at the Aussie Open trough to another semi final. No serious injury at all.
mods? This is shameless baiting at best

·
Registered
956 Posts
Dubai 2019, Halle 2019 and Basel 2019.

Federer, our beloved 500 vulturerer titles goat. Laughable. He just wants to have at least something. He is so desperately trying to catch Connors 109. Wont happen. But I guess he'll make sure to prove me wrong. There are enough Istanbul tournaments to do so.
I love the fact that certain Djokovic fans are so upset by Federer winning some 500 tournaments, as if that was some eccentric part of his recent career, and not what all top players do.

Last year Fed won a Masters, made one slam final and one slam SF. And yes, he won a few 500 tournaments as well.

How fucking insecure are you Novak fans? Your player is #1 in the world and won 2 slams last year. And yet you're crying about the 500 tournaments Federer won? Grow up.

Truly, Federer will always live rent-free in your heads.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I love the fact that certain Djokovic fans are so upset by Federer winning some 500 tournaments, as if that was some eccentric part of his recent career, and not what all top players do.

Last year Fed won a Masters, made one slam final and one slam SF. And yes, he won a few 500 tournaments as well.

How fucking insecure are you Novak fans? Your player is #1 in the world and won 2 slams last year. And yet you're crying about the 500 tournaments Federer won? Grow up.

Truly, Federer will always live rent-free in your heads.
To start with your last sentence: Yes, Federer will definitely live forever rent-free in my head. He is my strongest nutrition or better said: The tears of his blind and brainless fans. Fed himself is fine. Saw him few times next to me, in the press center, warming-up before a match, in the catacombs and signing autographs/pictures for his fans. Talked with Lüthi and his Manager Godsick about random stuff. Was cool and nothing wrong. Especially Lüthi, very relaxed guy.

Well Djokovic is not doing that, never did. I prefer quality over quantity. And there Djokovic surpassed Fed already and he is six years younger.
To me it is just cringe-worthy with his Rotterdam, Istanbul (250 I know), and home base Dubai/Halle/Basel runs. Just look how many 500s and 250s he has, compared to Djokovic. Crazy.

Do you complain us talking about this or just commenting on that ? Again it has nothing to do with Djokovics current success (which for sure wont last long as last year). So is it only logical for you to comment on Federer critically if Djokovics is nowhere to be seen ? I do not follow that dumb logic of yours. No insecurity at all. Just stating the obvious.

Why did you choose that avatar by the way ? Because of Djokovics greatness (that year) ?

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
To start with your last sentence: Yes, Federer will definitely live forever rent-free in my head. He is my strongest nutrition or better said: The tears of his blind and brainless fans. Fed himself is fine. Saw him few times next to me, in the press center, warming-up before a match, in the catacombs and signing autographs/pictures for his fans. Talked with Lüthi and his Manager Godsick about random stuff. Was cool and nothing wrong. Especially Lüthi, very relaxed guy.

Well Djokovic is not doing that, never did. I prefer quality over quantity. And there Djokovic surpassed Fed already and he is six years younger.
To me it is just cringe-worthy with his Rotterdam, Istanbul (250 I know), and home base Dubai/Halle/Basel runs. Just look how many 500s and 250s he has, compared to Djokovic. Crazy.

Do you complain us talking about this or just commenting on that ? Again it has nothing to do with Djokovics current success (which for sure wont last long as last year). So is it only logical for you to comment on Federer critically if Djokovics is nowhere to be seen ? I do not follow that dumb logic of yours. No insecurity at all. Just stating the obvious.

Why did you choose that avatar by the way ? Because of Djokovics greatness (that year) ?
The twisted logic some people have that actually winning tournaments is something to be ashamed of.
Not winning tournaments is now better than winning them, and that CLEARLY makes the player not winning, a better player.

You can't make this stuff up :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
956 Posts
To start with your last sentence: Yes, Federer will definitely live forever rent-free in my head. He is my strongest nutrition
That's a non sequitur, my friend, and a particularly stupid one.

I do not follow that dumb logic of yours.
No, you follow the logic whereby a 37-/38-year old winning 500-level tournaments is somehow bad.

Imagine how insecure you must be to put forward such nonsense.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Weird fedovic war on Nadal match thread. tsk tsk.

Thought Nadal looked very good, that FH firing nicely, of course Pablo is an easy opponent ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts