Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The special one
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only started watching this at 6-3 3-2. McDonald was 40-0 when I switched on and ended up getting broken lol. Norrie then held and broke again to win, great timing.

Great week for him, backing up his win yesterday over Schwartzman and nearly in the top 50 now. Zverev or De Minaur in the SF awaits.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There's something I love about Norrie. His game is in actuality very basic and nondescript but I appreciate that he's also a veteran of the American college system and is just a very hard worker. He's young and can improve further; hope he gets that elusive first title soon, don't think it will happen at Acapulco though.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Mcdonald is so mentally fragile, and Norrie is like a bulldog on the court. It was just a matter of time before the dam would break in this match, especially with all the early break opportunities Mcdonald had in the first set.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Another ATP semi final for Cam, not bad at all considering he's seen as a bit of a joke top 100 player on here by a few.

Guess he has prospects to be breaking into top 50 with this run although I don't really see him beating Sasha.

Anyway British number one race getting quite interesting particularly if Kyle takes time to get going again. Dan Evans having another good run at Indian Wells challenger so at least a few are stepping up in the post Murray era.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Any of these 2 in an ATP 500 SF :eek: :eek:
Ah Azza that pesky Norrie somehow staying in the top 100 by reaching ATP 500 semi finals....

Was it you or someone else I had the wierd argument about players Cam had beaten....Isner, Krygios "loses to everyone these days", Coric "dosen't care about Shenzhen":lol:

Anyway add Schwartzman to that list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts