Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2556 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was unclear on wether or not we wanted a new thread? So I just made one anyhow, and it's here when we do ...

*EDIT*

Newbies, lurkers, anybody who isn't a regular: this is our "chat pot". Feel free to jump in :)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
LOL, well, I'll start using the new thread :) Since I have to catch up on posts from the first one anyway, I'll just c/p them here :)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Vera said:
I realized the implication since Houston bought the right for TWO years. Gosh, Pandy is surely happy about that, he has 2 years to get to Houston, would be great if he couldn't make it this year. I would hate to see my limited coverage overwhelmed by Pandy and Baldy.
Well, I think that they will be fair with the coverage -- we might see Andy's and Agassihole's matches live or something, but I think we'll see all of the matches just like this year and last year.

Personally, I'm wondering what kind of culture stuff they'll make them do. Wear ten gallon hats? Go to a barbeque? Line dancing? LOL, the possibilities are endless . . .

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
:eek: I feel kinda sad leaving our old thread behind!But if it speeds things up well then it can only be good ;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Mrs. B said:
Don't fret, Vera. Some ppl say that what occurs in your dream is the exact opposite when you're awake. So you still might get your ticket! ;)
Oh, dear, I hope not!! Last night I dreamed about Michel winning his first tournament -- revenge over Hewitt for the Tokyo 2001 final, no less! :eek:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regarding Houston - unfortunately, I believe that Andy is going to make it this year. However, we can all hope not :)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Yeah I heard that too Mrs.B,I mustve missed that post :eek: for example I dream sometimes about death which apprently has something to do with birth and new life.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Rebecca said:
Hackie - English isn't my subject of choice. I like to read for leisure, but school manages to kill scores of perfectly decent books! 1984, Brave New World, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Lord of the Flies, anything Shakespeare... the list goes on! Perfectly decentt literature that I will never be able to look at the same way!
Indeed, I was just ranting to my roommates today that freshman English crushed my soul (heehee, my newest buzzphrase) because we were never allowed to read for pleasure, it was always to analyze the text. And we read some perfectly good books in that class, too, for which my interest was killed when I had to "read it a certain way" :rolleyes:

Furthermore, my writing skills are pretty poor. I have the unfortunate habit of writing exactly how I speak, which often makes for incoherent messages.
LOL, but stream of consciousness is quite avant garde these days ;) And if you could pick up some editing skills you'd be set. But you have quite a way with visuals -- your descriptions of your eye was especially disgusting because you kept going on and on and on . . . . not that I want you to start it up again, either

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
IluvRogi said:
:eek: I feel kinda sad leaving our old thread behind!But if it speeds things up well then it can only be good ;)
Well, it's not like it'll be gone forever. The discussion will always be there :) But if speed is hampering some of us, we might as well have a new thread.

A new chapter, if you will ;)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
yeah a new chapter :) and it will always be there for uh references I guess ;) *wrote a new poem about my gorgeous Finn;)*

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
LOL, once again I am dominating the chat thread :eek:

BUT, since we have so many different languages being represented here, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this means? I don't think its in Russian, but I could be wrong. Guesses also for Spanish or German.

"Mario, imi lipseste zambetul tau, imbratisarea ta, ochii tai luminosi, imi lipsesti tu. Te iubesc pe zi ce trece mai mult."

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Hi! :wavey:

So we're moving to a new thread? Suddenly I feel sad for no apparent reason. It's like moving to a new house. I hope this will help but I'm having second thoughts about it. Today it took me ages to load a thread with zero replies in Seb's forum. :eek:

Anyway, here I am, relocating. :D

Olivier lost. :sad: As much as I'm happy for Sjeng, I really wanted Ollie to win. Very soon he will drop out of top 100 if he continues to lose, because he had a good start last year. :(

Thanks for good news about Di Pasquale TH. :) I hope he goes far.

And congrats to Roger. :bounce: But tomorrow, my loyalties clearly lie with Fabrice. Sorry RF fans. :eek: I don't think Santoro will win however. :(

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
:wavey: Layla

I put that in the other page I feel a little sad :eek: lol

and sticking up for Fabrice :eek: how dare you ;) Well I didnt think he'd beat him in Madrid so you never know what can happen.

And Hackie,I didnt mean to set you off :p

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Seb won, which made me very happy :) but he should have dealt with Renzo more decisively. He had a 4-0 lead in the second set, but Furlan fought back to 4-3 and at 5-4, Sebastien had problems serving out. He was taken to deuce. I would've been very mad if he managed to lose that set. His first serve percentage was very low. I hope he plays better against Hrbaty.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Arnaud lost in doubles today :(

Jonathan Erlich/Noam Okun (ISR/ISR) d. (WC) Julien Benneteau/Arnaud DiPasquale (FRA/FRA) 6-2, 6-7, 6-2

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Awww, well it's only doubles so I won't fret. :( What's funny though is that I saw both Arnaud and Benneteau at the Ljubljana challenger. Unfortunately, Benneteau lost in the quarters to Horna (who defeated Lapentti today) so the possibility of an all-French semi was nipped in the bud. And Horna almost defeated DiP, he won the first set and lead in the second but then the rain came. I went home to get myself something to eat. I went back when the rain stopped and Arnaud came back strong, took away that set from Horna and won the third one easily. It was a great day. :D I like Horna though. He won the Zagreb challenger which I saw on TV.

1 - 20 of 2556 Posts