Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that some established players use social networking as a necessity more than because they really want to communicate with their supporters. Disseminating information through social media have been quite needed, especially if there are new news about them concerning their game, changes in coaches, and sponsorships. However many of them have been quite, say, just one sided types in which they are just simple information the player wants to share without the player expecting to reply again.

However, the new gen have been interesting. Thiem especially has been posting his progress in his game on detail, which is quite rare for other players to share their own view on their matches. Kyrgios now has shared his personal thoughts about Drake, and answered on Twitter to clarify. It seems that they really like to share some bit of how their life in the tour is going and some insight on their personal life and when they talk they do feel naturally communicating to you.

What do you think the impact of social media would have in the new generation and would they continue this level of openness in the future where they would probably be more "monitored"?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I think it's good.

Players can share whatever they want directly with their fans.
They are happy, fans are happy, win-win situation.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
They all just use social media to vulture "likes" to boost their self esteem.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
My biggest worry about New Gen Players using Twitter is them getting abusive, hateful and/or derogatory tweets (Facebook and Instagram are less troublesome for this as what people write is more easily viewable and a bit more difficult to be 'anonymous'). I just hope nobody on MTF sends stuff like that to players. :sadface:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts