Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
A nice gesture for sure, but I also like the pledge from a motivational standpoint. Could work as extra motivation, i.e. playing not only for yourself, but also for a bigger cause. In case of in-game doubts, tantrums and/or second guesses arise...

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A nice gesture for sure, but I also like the pledge from a motivational standpoint. Could work as extra motivation, i.e. playing not only for yourself, but also for a bigger cause in a way. In case of in-game doubts, tantrums and/or second guesses arise...
Mcenroe trying this on Kyrgios too ha

·
Registered
28,763 Posts
Zverev served at 84%, so he made only 17 second serves. Still, 4 of those were DF's. And he got broken 3 times. Doesn't compute. :unsure:
At this point, he should consider abandoning second serve deliveries completely. Hit all serves like first serves. Statistically it would make more sense. (Even in cases where the first serve % isn't as high as today.)

Nice for Zverev to start the tournament with a straight set win btw, good on him.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Mcenroe trying this on Kyrgios too ha
:cool: Just watched it.. Is the moment here for NK... His own actions with the bushfire relief, and now this. Might never ever have bigger support, and motive to perform in a GS. Guy who relishes team settings.. now also playing for "Team Australia".

·
Registered
434 Posts
Zverev served at 84%, so he made only 17 second serves. Still, 4 of those were DF's. And he got broken 3 times. Doesn't compute. :unsure:
I think what Orka_n said nails it (and that has been said numerous times in this forum). Hard to tell though, he has a general lack of confidence which is easily hidden by serving big.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I think what Orka_n said nails it (and that has been said numerous times in this forum). Hard to tell though, he has a general lack of confidence which is easily hidden by serving big.
I just looked into 2019 serve stats and they are unique in Zverev's case.

1st serve % - 67% (10th place)
1st serve points won % - 75% (32nd place)
2nd serve points won % - 44% (barely 154th place)

Had he used two 1st serves in 2019 his 2nd serve winning percentage would have improved from 44% to 50%! This must be a rare case - his 2017 and 2018 stats are more normal (product of 1st serve% and 1st serve points won % is a few percent smaller than 2nd serve points won%).

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Unlike many on MTF I have always liked Sascha even if I don't like his meltdowns on court. I'm happy he won and was very happy about his donation.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Unlike many on MTF I have always liked Sascha even if I don't like his meltdowns on court. I'm happy he won and was very happy about his donation.
Aren't you always happy for a winner and sad for a loser?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts