Votes: 24 52.2%
  • milos = isner + hair + sleeve - baseball cap

Votes: 22 47.8%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reaching a career high of #4 in the world earlier this year and securing a high profile win over rafa nadal, milos has lost the plot. It is painfully obvious his return has not improved and he still has yet to string together more than 4 wins in a row this season. As painful as it for me to say, raonic is losing relevance. I could easily see him stumbling down the rankings for the next year or two and having an isner type of career.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Well he has been injured, so the last couple of months haven't really reflected things. Still I think some nice draws helped him out last year and he will find his place between 7-12 in the rankings for the next few years.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I disagree.

I dislike watching Raonic a lot, but I have to say that I think he has improved a hell of a lot over the last few years and when completely fit he will stay in the subtop (Between #4 and #10 in the rankings) for quite some time.

His return is waaay better than Isner's is, even though I prefer watching Isner.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
I doubt he'll drop out of the top 12, unless he stays injured for a very long time. He's boring to watch, but very consistent. He loses very few matches to lower ranked players.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
He loses very few matches to lower ranked players.
This too. Much like Berdych and Ferrer back in the good old days, they were very secure bets most of the time. Easy money, especially against top players.

·
Registered
813 Posts
His generation is useless, Federer and Nadal will probably retire next year and the real young guns aren't ready for primetime just yet.

Milos will be a top 5 player for the next 2-3 years if his body hold up.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Without serious injuries he will be #5-10 for a few years but definitely not higher.
His game is too limited and ROS is beyond awful

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
He will be back. He just played when he was injured and now is playing the price.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
In fairness, Chairman Rao has been injured recently. He should have had the operation on his foot long before he did though - and at a more suitable time in the year.

Poor planning.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Totally forgot about his existence.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Healthy Raonic is easy 5-8 in rankings.

·
Registered
13,799 Posts
When you have a foot injury that requires significant surgery, it causes a decline in the rankings. Shocker there, I know.

If/when he gets back to full health in the next year, he should be right back where he was before he got hurt (#4-#6).

·
Registered
217 Posts
What? The guy is 24 years old chill with the kneejerks OP. The guy has atleast 5 good years in him.
And one question what do you mean by top?
Top can mean different for different players for some that's the number 1 spot for others top 4 and so on.
So according to you what is his top?
Top 5?
And either way no matter what the guy will be even in the top 3 at some point becuase the big 4 will decline. That is inevitably.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts