Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow atpworlders! :wavey:

I was just wondering if anyone here cares about skiing, cross-country skiing, ski jumping etc. Anyone at all? I just wanted to try this thread here first, because I love this place, but if it doesn't work out, I guess I'll have to move to wtaworld, where a thread like this already exists. ;)

Btw, women's Giant Slalom starts today in Park City. :D

·
Registered
14,437 Posts
I love winter sports . Adam Ma³ysz in Poland is like ronaldo in Brazil or Micheal Schumacher in Gemany .

I like biathlon - the best winter sport , everything is changing there in the seconds .

I hope someone will stop this year Austrian in Men Alpine Skiing .

Good luck to Spela Pretnar and Jure Kosir :D

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Wojtek and Mrs. B! :wavey:

Good to see you here! :) I love biathlon too, Wojtek. But unfortunately, my two faves among women, Magdalena Frosberg and Liv-Grete Poiree are not competing. One is retired and the other is with child. :sad: I still have the men though, and truthfully, men are more interesting to me than women in all winter sports. :eek: That's why I started a thread here as well. ;) On the wtaworld, people seem to care more about women. Go Raphael!

Thanks for the good luck to my countrymen. :) Jure is definitely one of my faves and Spela is my namesake. ;)

My main fave is Bode Miller though. A love his crazy style, even though it makes my heart race a mile a minute. He makes me so nervous. :eek: I think he has a good chance to be a dominant force in skiing. But he just had a minor operation on his knee. :sad: He intends to compete in tomorrow's Giant Slalom though. :) Get well soon darling! :kiss:

Good luck to Adam! :D

Good luck to Simon Amman too! :D I just love that kid. He does look like Harry Potter.

Of course, good luck to my faves Martin Schmitt and Sven Hannawald, who are/were injured as well. Most of my faves seem to be injured. :sad:

Mario Matt (the only Austrian among my faves) is likely to miss the greater part of the season due to an inflammation of the shoulder. :sad:

Oh and the man I just adore is Thomas Alsgaard. :hearts: The tall Norwegian god. He was born just 3 days before me. :D And he fell off his bike during the summer when he participated in a bike race. He fractured some bones in his hand and missed a lot of the preparations and training. :sad:

Things are just not looking good for my faves all around. :(

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Layla said:
Oh and the man I just adore is Thomas Alsgaard. :hearts: The tall Norwegian god.
Did someone say Norwegian? :D

Would you guys object to posting a few pics? Seriously, some of us don't know very much about winter sports and would like to know who you're talking about (fairweather Olympic fans, I guess we are).

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi TH! :wavey:

Welcome to my Fairy Winterland! :)

Yes, I just adore Norwegians. I always cheer for them in cross country skiing. But this particular Norwegian isn't blond. :eek: He's actually quite dark. I like my men tall and dark. :angel: This is him.

That's his classic sprint with Zorze at the Olympic Games relay event, one of the most exciting races of the entire Olympics for me. He secured a gold medal for Norway of course. :D

This one was taken years ago. :)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And this is my other Norwegian darling, Frode Estil:

And these are my two darlings together. :D

The Norwegian team celebrating their victory. :) Frode is the one on the far left. By the way, I just adore the name Frode.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TH, I assume you know Bode Miller, but just in case, here are some pics of my number one fave. :D

Typical Bode! Makes everyone's heart race, including his own. ;)

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Michelle Kwan is the best!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be lovely Mrs. B! :) I'm sure TH will be back soon and will help you out. In the meantime, I might be able to find a good pic of him. :) He's my third fave. ;)

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Hi Layla :wavey;

Figure Skating is so popular here in USA :) :)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And here is my main ski jumping fave, Martin Schmitt. Yes, another German. ;)

Wow, that looks steep! :eek: Doing the good deeds. :angel:

And once again my two faves together. :) My faves sure like to hang out with each other. ;)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Simon Amman, alias the Harry Potter of ski jumping. ;)

A sweet kid who took the world by the storm at the Olympic Games. Noone expected him to win.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I enjoy firgure skating too, Daniel, but I perfer men. :angel: The Russians and Timothy Goebel are my faves. :) My all time favorite was Brian Boitano :hearts: but that seems like ages ago.

I also love ice dance.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And my faves in biathlon are the King and Queen of Biathlon, the beautiful married couple, Raphael Poiree and Liv-Grete Poiree. He's French and she's Norwegian. Liv-Grete is expecting their first child in January and won't be competing this year.

I think that about covers it TH. ;)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts