Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

What I am looking for is a, what I will refer to it as, “tennis ball recoiler”. These are my words.

I thought that I had previously heard of the above from somewhere, but I can not remember where. To describe this further, … We are all familiar with a “tennis ball machine”, where you fill up this machine with tennis balls, select your desired ball speed and frequency. Then, you turn on the machine for it to spit out balls at you in order for you to be able to hit them with either, say, a forehand or backhand.

What I am looking for is a “device” or “apparatus” where a tennis ball is somehow already set up for you, with some sort of elastic band attached to it, or something comparable, and you then proceed to hit the ball. The ball is then only able to travel a certain distance before it is then “recoiled” or pulled back to you again, in order for you to be able to hit the ball once more. You can continue to repeat this over and over again until you voluntarily decide to stop, or you miss hitting the ball.

Does anyone know where I can find such an apparatus or device where the same tennis ball gets returned to me repeatedly? I guess that some would even refer to this as a "toy".

Does anyone know what its cost would be?

Please do not recommend to me to otherwise instead purchase a tennis ball machine. I am not interested in a ball machine because I am sure this would have a much higher price and greater space allocation, stored within my home, not to mention the relatively heavier weight to have to log around, as compared to this, I am sure to be, much lighter in weight, “tennis ball recoiler” that I am referring to. 

Thank you very much for any possible help.

The best to all,
Greetings!

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Harry or “Tightlines”

I greatly appreciate your response.

I would imagine that that is most likely what I am looking for.

You mentioned about hitting against a wall. Where I live, there really are no walls, and the nearby tennis courts are enclosed within a fence, thus, not a solid wall.

Say, if I could ask you, please, within your profile picture that you use, what is that “device” that is tied to your right forearm and then attached to a racket that you are holding in your right hand?

Thank you very much for everything.

Take good care,
Greetings!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again Harry,

I just saw now, for the first time, your other two responses to me that preceded your first response which contained information regarding the SKLZ Powerbase Tennis Trainer.

Thank you very much for sharing.

All the best to you,
Greetings!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dear Harry or “Tightlines”

Say, if I could ask you, please, within your profile picture that you use, what is that “device” that is tied to your right forearm and then attached to a racket that you are holding in your right hand?
Well, it's the greatest invention since sliced bread :wink2::smile2::smile2:

You will need to click on my avatar and then click Contact Info for more information.

Harry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Tightlines,

You are awesome. I went to your contact page to discover that you have an awesome website at:

PermaWrist (tm)Tennis Swing Wrist Support Training Aid & Tennis Elbow Brace - Home

Note to everyone: I absolutely do not at all know Tightlines. I guess that his real name is "Harry", as per his signature to his always informative posts. Nor have I ever even affiliated with him before I learned of his existence just a few days ago by he being kind enough to reply to my tennis ball recoiler question. However, I would think that his tennis racket product, PermaWrist™, in order to improve your stroke, or, if you are already in pain, to correct your stroke, would be a great product to use.

The best to all,

Greetings!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dear Tightlines,

You are awesome. I went to your contact page to discover that you have an awesome website at:

PermaWrist (tm)Tennis Swing Wrist Support Training Aid & Tennis Elbow Brace - Home

Note to everyone: I absolutely do not at all know Tightlines. I guess that his real name is "Harry", as per his signature to his always informative posts. Nor have I ever even affiliated with him before I learned of his existence just a few days ago by he being kind enough to reply to my tennis ball recoiler question. However, I would think that his tennis racket product, PermaWrist™, in order to improve your stroke, or, if you are already in pain, to correct your stroke, would be a great product to use.

The best to all,

Greetings!
Well, thank you for that nice post! Obviously, we share your opinion.:wink2:

Harry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts