Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) When a player on serve loses a point, he loses the first serve, and regains it after he wins a point
2) A direct point (when oponent doesn't touch a ball) is rewarded two points - you go from 0 to 30 and from 15 to 40, and advantage is turned around (but you can't win a game from deuce); a game is played up to 50, deuce commences both at 40/40 or 50/50

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Wait... didn't we have the exact thread yesterday, started by FluffyYellowBall ?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait... didn't we have the exact thread yesterday, started by FluffyYellowBall ?
What thread? Where is it?

And I'm not on crack

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
1) When a player on serve loses a point, he loses the first serve, and regains it after he wins a point
2) A direct point (when oponent doesn't touch a ball) is rewarded two points - you go from 0 to 30 and from 15 to 40, and advantage is turned around (but you can't win a game from deuce); a game is played up to 50, deuce commences both at 40/40 or 50/50
I agree.

But, these rules would only apply on Monday and Thursday when the temperature is between 56 and 84 F. Of course, that would only be if the wind was between 5 and 17 MPH.

Now, on Tuesday and Friday.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
this is b***sh**! with that rules first players will be karlovic, isner, rodik... and other big servers. beauty of a game will be lost!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Drago must have wheeled out his senile grandmother to write this thread.
:haha:
Nay, I think it's just :drink: :smoke: :drink: ;)

·
DO THE LOCHTE
14,040 Posts
Less volleyball, more tennis ;)
I agree.

But, these rules would only apply on Monday and Thursday when the temperature is between 56 and 84 F. Of course, that would only be if the wind was between 5 and 17 MPH.

Now, on Tuesday and Friday.....
:haha: I think you may be on to something :cool:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is b***sh**! with that rules first players will be karlovic, isner, rodik... and other big servers. beauty of a game will be lost!
These rules would not help big servers but vice versa. They would have to play behind the second serve after losing a point

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Less volleyball, more tennis ;)
What volleyball, they don't lose the serve, but only the first serve - they continue to serve without the right on second serve

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actualy I was kind of bored and nervous this evening

I would like to see one match played under these rules however it would look like

The reason I think of these kind of rules sometimes is because I would liek to see direct points and point contrusction more rewarded than the mistake of oponent, and to make the first-serve-pouncing more meaningfull (and to reduce the number of first/second serve rituals, that realy take time with many players and slow down matches...)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts