Mens Tennis Forums banner

What kind of mtf would you want to have?

• Total voters
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
-Oracle-
2,063 Posts
Yes, the new one is trash. Lags and feels extremely unpolished, feature wise. I couldn't care less about the look.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
in reddit, there is an option to revert to old design. Hope there is such a thing here.

·
Premium Member
9,899 Posts
Good afternoon Steve, Ed, Jack, Phil, Frank and other VS. Members.

The migration of course has been a big overhaul on your end and it has come with some hiccups along the way. You have been very diligent to answer our questions to the best of your knowledge and fix small and large bugs a like.

Let's consider one thing. While there have been mixed feelings about the migration to the new website there has been one common consensus among 90% of your dedicated forum members and customers.

Classic mode. What does this mean... you know the answer. The option to switch to a dark blue/ orange , more boxy version of the forum. Akin to the old one. Honestly the smiles are secondary to this. But I feel you have a team of brilliant coders in your repertoire, who are up to the task of not only appeasing yourselfs with a challenge but to also keep the forum members happy and satisfied.

Ligt and dark mode are fine and well, but you have to remember that you have many members who have been around since you all first founded this.

Steve what do you say? You have done so much good as far as we can see, but I would ask you to consider this request and or quote my post and respond. It's better that you are transparent and give a straight up answer, because this is the most requested feature since your move.

Thank you again for you all's time and dedication and I'll be waiting with abated breath for your response.

Kindest regards,

Kowchi (y)

@Steve

Here you go MTF. I have decided to be an emissary of GM and go in to the community section. Let's see how they respond to the request.

All we want is just a "Classic mode" button or option.

·
Registered
22,401 Posts
The version of MTF before the last version was the best 1. I wish they go back 2 versions. It seems everytime an update gets made to anything it gets worse. That's probably because you get used to the way a site functions and then when it changes it's weird. I literally don't care about how something looks, I just want it to work the way I want. Of the 3 versions they've had since I've been here this one is the worst though. First version was the best.

·
Premium Member
9,899 Posts
The version of MTF before the last version was the best 1. I wish they go back 2 versions. It seems everytime an update gets made to anything it gets worse. That's probably because you get used to the way a site functions and then when it changes it's weird. I literally don't care about how something looks, I just want it to work the way I want. Of the 3 versions they've had since I've been here this one is the worst though. First version was the best.
They are working on functionality first and then will work on aesthetics. This has been confirmed by my communications with multiple VS employees. For example it looks like the first priority is getting mods their functions back.

As far as I understand it mods have bare bones functions at the moment.

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Since the new forum I posted about 3 posts, I lost all the interest.
Can't explain why but it feels so different, dull, blank and disfunctional.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I counted, i needed 4 (!) clicks to get into an upcoming tournament subforum when in the past only one click was enough.

This is just one exemple but the step back has been quite immense.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts